Relief Worker - W - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
RELIEF WORKER - W
Casual (required to work evening shifts 4:00 pm - 11:30 pm and/or overnights 11:15 pm - 9:15 am)
LOFT Community Services provides supportive housing for individuals with mental health, substance abuse problems and were homeless. Relief staff are expected to be an integral part of the team and offer a variety of functions in support of the social and mental well being of residents within a safe and supportive atmosphere, this may involve:
- Maintaining the established routines of the program including general health and safety practices;
- The expectation of working shifts in a 24 hour setting: evenings, weekends and overnight hours are required;
- Building a rapport with the tenants;
- Providing individual support and crisis intervention;
- Responding to the 24 hour crisis line used by clients;
- Being aware of all activities occurring in the residence;
- Preparing and documenting necessary information;
- Assisting with medication management;
- Housekeeping duties;
- Assisting residents to develop and practice life skills.
- Experience with and knowledge of mental health and substance abuse problems;
- An ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interact appropriately and professionally with tenants, staff, family, partners and friends;
- Good oral and written skills to actively engage the tenants and/or to prepare clear and concise notes;
- Post secondary training/education in human services or related fields;
- Well developed problem solving skills, clear thinking with the ability to make decisions;
- Physical ability to provide all requirements of the position;
- Must be available for overnight shifts and weekend shifts;
- Must have knowledge and practice of Recovery and PSR (Psychosocial Rehabilitation).
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Friday July 26, 2019 by 5:00 pm
PLEASE INCLUDE: “RELIEF WORKER – W” in the subject line of any emails.