Relief Worker - LS - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Relief Worker.
The Layered Supports Program provides supportive housing and support services to clients who have experienced homelessness, mental health and substance use challenges. There are two locations in the Downtown West; one of which specializes in providing support to individuals that identify as transgender or gender expansive. The position performs a variety of functions to support the physical, social and mental well-being of clients and facilitates the overall effective operation of the residences.
Shifts are available mornings, evenings, and overnights, including weekends.
Note: The position may be exposed to second hand smoke.
- Completion of a diploma/degree in human services or equivalent;
- Knowledge and experience is required of the issues faced by adults who have experienced long term homelessness, including struggles with mental health and substance use.
- Knowledge of a housing first approach and understanding of trans health and support services
- An understanding of harm reduction and psychosocial rehabilitation principles
- Crisis intervention skills, with well-developed problem solving abilities and interpersonal skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Creativity and flexibility to approaches;
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment;
- Physical ability to provide all requirements of the position
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact email@example.com or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “RELIEF WORKER - LS” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: September 20, 2020