RELIEF CRISIS INTERVENTION COUNSELLORS - Halton Women's Place
RELIEF CRISIS INTERVENTION COUNSELLORS
Wage Rate: $18.85 ($15.85 base rate plus $3.00 premium per hour).
Hours of Work: 7.5 and 12 hour shifts, includes weekends, AWAKE overnights
Social Service Worker Diploma is minimum, Bachelor of Social Work is preferred.
Previous experience working with and understanding of violence against women, experience in crisis intervention, problem-solving and conflict resolution. Ability to work in crisis situations with multiple demands.
- Demonstrated ability to provide non-judgmental and culturally sensitive support to women and children
- Willingness to develop knowledge and skills about violence against women and its impact upon children, women and the community
- Sound knowledge of community agencies and resources
- Capacity to work in a computerized environment and ability to track stats as needed
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to conduct safety planning and resident care plans with women
- Ability to facilitate women’s groups both educational/support and house meetings
- Assist with on the job training of new staff, students and volunteers
- Current CPR and First Aid is required
- Current Police Clearance Check required
- Current TB test required
- Knowledge of additional languages will be considered an asset
- Must be available to work all scheduled shifts as assigned
- Reliable Transportation Required
This is an SEIU Local 1.on unionized workplace
- We thank all applicants and will directly contact only those candidates selected for further consideration.
- We are pleased to provide an accessible recruitment process and invite candidate to advise us if accommodation is required at any stage of our selection process.
Please direct letters of application to: Human Resources, Halton Women’s Place.
By Fax: 905-332-1155/ By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org