Relief Cook - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Relief Cook.
The Cook renders a range of services that relate to the operation of the kitchen. These responsibilities include the preparation and service of food for the meals as scheduled and for other special occasions as requested and the storing and stocking of food. Cleaning duties pertaining to maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and dining room, as well as other delegated responsibilities, are included to ensure the efficient operation of the kitchen’s food service.
Note: Since the workplace involves working in client/client member’s own homes, staff may be subjected to second hand smoke while performing their job duties.
- Prepare/cook the food for scheduled meals, snacks, meal program meals and other occasions, as requested, according to the menu plan; prepare/cook appropriate food for those on special diets as required
- Ensure utensils, etc. are available for meals as scheduled.
- Serve meals at the specified times.
- Clean all dishes, utensils and equipment used in the preparation and service of the food provided by the kitchen.
- Clean all stoves, refrigerators, freezers, cupboards, pantry and all other equipment and areas that are associated with kitchen’s food service.
- Assist with inventory of stock rooms, storage areas and refrigerator/freezer units; accept and store deliveries/food in proper areas and according to policy.
- Fulfil other assignments as delegated by the Food Services Coordinator.
- 2-4 years kitchen/cooking experience and/or training
- Knowledge of equipment used in the preparation of food
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Knowledge of health standards for the handling and storage of food
- Knowledge of nutrition standards and special diet requirements
- Knowledge of occupational Health and Safety Standards
- Ability to communicate in English, oral and written
- Valid Food Handler’s Certificate
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “Relief Cook” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: September 21, 2020