Relationship Manager (aka. Homestay Coordinator) - Canada Homestay Network
We are a remote organization that needs Relationship Managers in the following cities…
Vancouver, BC (approx. 30 hours)
Victoria, BC (approx. 30 hours)
Edmonton, AB (approx. 40 hours)
Brockville, ON (approx. 25 hours)
Barrie, ON (approx. 30 hours)
Mississauga Area, ON (approx. 30 hours)
Sault Ste. Marie, ON (approx. 20 hours)
Halifax, ON (approx. 20 hours)
*The Relationship Manager can be a demanding position (seasonally based on student arrival times). Part time associates can be expected to work up to 25 hours per week and must be available for infrequent on-call emergencies.
About the Job!
The Canada Homestay Network Society is a family-run, non-profit society, has helped tens of thousands of students find a home away from home in Canada.
At CHN we Value:
And Giving Wholeheartedly
The Relationship Manager is an integral member of our Operations team and responsible for homestay coordination for their community including in person student and host support (some exceptions apply during COVID restrictions). All Relationship Managers also assume Custodianship for students under the age of 18 within their local community if required by the client.
The successful candidate should be enthusiastic about…
- Working from home
- Traveling within your local community (up to one hour)
- Relationship building and customer service
- Learning and understanding cultural differences within and outside of Canada
- Building relationships, especially between students and host parents
- Coordinating homestay logistics for international students and host parents
- Orienting students when they arrive in Canada
- Helping students and families with social, emotional, and physical wellbeing
- National travel from time-to-time
How we sweeten the deal!
- Remote working including a flexible workday (ideally available for core business hours, 10 am to 2 pm Monday to Friday)
- Full benefits package (with shared premiums)
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days (20 + hours/week)
- Wellness subsidy
- Paid volunteer days
- Paid professional development
The successful candidate will possess…
- One-year Community College Certificate/ Diploma would be an asset
- 6 months to 2 years of related experience (CYW, international studies or teaching, etc.)
- Innate ability to work independently and autonomously in a virtual office environment
- Ability to make sound decisions by exercising judgment, diplomacy, tact, and discretion in a high-pressure environment with changing and conflicting priorities
- Ability to exercise a high degree of confidentiality
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Excellent Word, Excel, Email, and Database skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills, including precise attention to detail
- Readily accessible transportation appropriate for these responsibilities (a minimum of $2 million auto insurance is required when using a personal vehicle)
- A suitable computer and high-speed internet access
- A mobile phone for emergency support
- A valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check with no record of past offenses
Canada Homestay Network (CHN) has been connecting international students to compassionate and caring Canadian families for over 25 years. We’ve earned the industry’s best reputation for client satisfaction, based on common values, successful experience, and the highest professional standards.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications should be submitted in Word or PDF format with first & last names in the file name.