Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) - Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Position Title: Registered Massage Therapist (Part-Time Contract)
- Available: October 2020
- Applicant Deadline: September 18, 2020
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) Integrative Cancer Centre (ICC) is looking for a Registered Massage Therapist to join the team. The CCNM ICC focuses on treating patients wanting to incorporate whole-person complementary and integrative care into their conventional cancer treatments. The ICC is part of the CCNM, a registered charity and Canada's premier institute for education and research in naturopathic medicine. As a distinct Centre, the ICC provides a work environment characterized by a small team working to provide excellent support to both medical practitioners and patients.
We are seeking an experienced Registered Massage Therapist to serve as an integral member of the ICC. Reporting directly to the Director, and working with the ICC healthcare team, the incumbent will support the ICC's patient base by participating in the care and enhancing the quality of life of patients living with or looking to prevent cancer or its recurrence. Training and experience with post-surgical scar tissue massage and Manual Lymphatic Drainage is required. The ability to offer additional therapies such as Craniosacral Therapy would be an asset.
The successful candidate will assess the status of patients and carry out individually designed treatment programs in coordination with the interdisciplinary team to achieve the patient’s goals through massage therapy. Other responsibilities include documenting all aspects of the therapeutic processes in the patient’s electronic medical record, discussing treatment progress with members of the interdisciplinary team, providing feedback to external practitioners in the form of progress notes, and educating the patient and family members to reinforce treatment programs. As a member of the integrated health professional team, you will participate in team building and work collaboratively through team meetings, quality education, inter-referrals, shared medical records etc. This position will also be involved in collaborative interdisciplinary research and projects as required.
- Post-secondary degree from an accredited registered massage therapy program as recognized by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO)
- Current registration in good standing CMTO
- Minimum one (1) year of related cancer care experience preferred
- Training and experience with post-surgical scar tissue massage and Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Working knowledge of/and familiarity with CAM therapies, especially naturopathic medicine
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to deal with patients, their families, other health care team members and the community
- Experience working with electronic medical records an asset
- Ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
Benefits of joining the integrated health team at the ICC:
- Be at the cutting-edge of evidence-based integrative cancer care and education.
- Work in a multidisciplinary integrative team environment with experience with oncology-focused practices.
- Impact the next generation of NDs by working side-by-side with senior CCNM students enrolled in its new oncology resident program.
Located at CCNM’s Toronto campus, the ICC is conveniently located and accessible by TTC public transit, or via Highway 401.
Hours will be flexible to start with a goal of having two (2) consistent days each week as the practice builds and more to follow if applicable. The Clinic hours are currently from Monday 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm and Tuesday to Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm; appointments must be scheduled within clinic hours.
To Apply: Submit your resume with a covering letter to the Human Resources Department via email at: email@example.com
CCNM Website: www.ccnm.edu
ICC Website: www.ccnmicc.ca/
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for and where you saw this job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation.