Registered Early Childhood Educator - EarlyON - French/English speaking - BridgeWay Family Centre
Ready to re-enter the workforce? Looking for a job working a few hours a week while your children are at school? Have a part time job but would like to add more hours to your work week? Interested in working with children and their families? If you said yes to any of these questions, BridgeWay Family Centre is looking for you!
We are seeking a Bilingual (French Speaking) Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) to join our EarlyON Child and Family Centre team. BridgeWay provides free prenatal services, early learning programs and supports to pregnant women and families/caregivers with children 0 - 6 years of age, and is looking for a staff to join our innovative, family focused agency.
Location: Horizon Jeunesse EarlyON Centre
1445 Lewisham Drive, Mississauga, ON L5J 3R2,
Hours: 5.5 per week (*there is an opportunity to work more hours at other BridgeWay locations as a supply or for specific shifts if interested)
Tuesday and Thursday mornings, 9:30 am - 12:15 pm
- Planning and delivering French early learning activities for children and their caregivers using the ELECT and How Does Learning Happen? documents to guide your work
- Providing emotional support, information and role modelling for parents and caregivers raising young children following Family Support principles
- Recognizing the individuality of each family and demonstrating respect for different parenting or caregiving styles
- Working with their Supervisor to develop programs that meet the ongoing needs of clients
- Providing appropriate referrals to community services/supports including those in the Francophone community
- Working as part of a team with other staff members and volunteers
- Ensuring cultural sensitivity and client confidentiality are always preserved
- RECE in good standing
- Fluent in French (required)
- Minimum 1 years experience in early years/family support sector
- Knowledge and understanding of resources/supports available in the Peel community
- Knowledge of child and family development
- Emergency First Aid/CPR B or C certification
- Vulnerable Sector Check
We offer excellent training, salary, a Group Retirement Savings Plan and a supportive, dynamic work environment.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in this position; only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
BridgeWay Family Centre is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.