Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT)/ Instructor Therapist (IT) Position available - New Haven Learning Centre
New Haven Learning Centre, a charitable, non-profit organization committed to being a Centre of Excellence in the treatment and education of children and young adults with autism and related disorders, is currently looking for RBTs and ITs to join our team!
Program expansion allows us to increase staffing and training opportunities across both our Children’s and Youth and Young Adult Programs; both centre and community-based. If you are goal-oriented and focused on growing and maintaining professionalism in all aspects of your work in the Autism and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) community, this is the role for you!
As one of our valued staff, you will implement first-rate behaviour intervention programs through one-on-one or small group therapy, collect and learn to analyse behaviour and skill acquisition data, assist with parent training, and coordinate with other team members to offer incredibly valuable, life changing services to our clients and families. All Instructors are an integral part of the New Haven team, working collaboratively in their classroom or extending into the community.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Daily implementation and evaluation of individualized skill acquisition and behaviour intervention programs
- In addition to centre- based programming, the Instructor Therapist may be responsible for providing support in home, workplace and/or community settings
- Maintain the Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) certification ( consideration may be offered to those prepared to complete the certification)
- Prepare and organize the learning environment and resources required for structured and naturalistic training sessions
- Implement designed programs as outllined in idividual service plans or education plans
- Seek supervision as needed to effectively and efficiently problem-solve
- Utilize rigorous clinical judgment
- Assess individual skills, abilities, interests, strengths and needs of assigned clients
- Collect and graph data used to evaluate progress and goal achievement
- Prepare client and program specific written documentation regarding session
- Collaborate with other team members in the development of Intensive Behavioural Intervention programs
- Participate in scheduled team meetings and training events as required
- Collaborate with supervising Clinical Coordinators and BCBA supervising staff regarding programming and client progress
- Knowledge and comfort with both face-to-face and virtual services
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Behaviour Science and Technology, or equivalent, Developmental Service workers or Personal Support Workers with knowledge of ABA may wish to apply;
- Experience implementing the principles of ABA and working 1:1 within the field of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Familiarity working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and related disorders;
- RBT certification (complete or in progress);
- Clean annual Vulnerable Sector Screen and Police Check no more than 6 months old from application date;
- Crisis Prevention Intervention or Safety Management training;
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills;
- Knowledge of early childhood development;
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written);
- Must have reliable transportation and a strong work attendance record;
- Access to a reliable vehicle with valid Ontario Driver’s License and required insurance coverage for community based services is considered an asset for some positions;
- Successful candidates must also be able to lift up to 45 pounds; assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing) for extended periods; and
- Demonstrate an ability to show up on time and be ready to go to work efficiently and effectively
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salaried position for full-time staff and health benefits post probation
- Paid time off (up to 7 weeks of vacation annually);
- ABA based training, coaching, and assistance with RBT certification supervision;
- After-work voluntary team events
- A rewarding experience helping children and families reach their full potential
- A work environment that is based on positive reinforcement and culture formation
TO APPLY: Please share your current RESUME and a COVER LETTER helping us get to know you and why you believe you are a great fit with our organization. We will reach out directly to any candidates with whom we would like to schedule an interview during regular service hours of 8:00-4:00 pm Monday to Friday and we thank all those who show interest in applying with New Haven. New Haven welcomes the identification of any interview accommodations that may be required in your application. Please note salary exectations and notice period required in your cover letter when applying.
COVID restrictions will require virtual interviews although services are offered in person at this time maintaining all regulated restricitons and future changes to service in mind.
SEND interested applications to: email@example.com with your subject line: RBT posting Charity Village 2021_YOUR LAST NAME_YOUR FIRST NAME.