Recurring Gifts Coordinator - The Wellspring Foundation for Education
Recurring Gifts Coordinator
ARE YOU THE CANDIDATE WE ARE SEEKING?
Do you have a passion for the mission that Christ gave His Church and a desire to use your knowledge and experience to help equip the children of Central and East Africa with the best education possible? Does the idea excite you to apply your skills and be responsible for coordinating a recurring gifts program? This key revenue stream helps to provide the recurring reliable resources to expand Wellspring’s reach. If the opportunity to make a difference in this way appeals to you, you may be the candidate we will welcome to our team! This full-time position works closely with the Director of Development and is based at Wellspring’s Canadian office in Langley, British Columbia, or remote work arrangements may be possible.
Since 2004, Wellspring has been on the forefront of quality educational change in Africa, working to see transition and transformation in the education sector, with a particular focus on Rwanda. Wellspring is passionate about seeking justice, worth, and dignity for all those we engage with, as we show the love of Christ by empowering new generations in Central and Eastern Africa and beyond. We believe we are well placed to be a catalyst for transforming education for hundreds of thousands of children and fostering vibrant communities that address poverty in all its forms.
The ideal Recurring Gifts Coordinator is primarily responsible for the oversight and growth of the recurring gifts program at Wellspring and is a component of fund development. This individual will expand the recurring gifts program, maintain the donor database pertaining to recurring gifts, coordinate all administrative processes associated with recurring gifts, and serve as a point of contact for recurring gifts donors. Fundraising efforts are conducted within a God-honouring manner, consistent with Wellspring’s culture and commitment to a Christian philosophy of fundraising.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and grow Wellspring’s recurring gifts program and serve as a single-point-of-contact for recurring gifts donors
- Set up new recurring contributions; enter information into the database
- Maintain accurate donation processing record files in keeping with auditor requirements
- Communicate with constituents in a friendly and professional manner; receive calls and respond to emails regarding Wellspring’s ministry and recurring gifts program
- Ensure timely acknowledgement and follow‐up for all donor requests, and the distribution of communications material if requested
- Support the maintenance of the database and records associated with recurring contributions; ensure information is current, accurate and complete
- Work collaboratively with various teams, prepare queries and reports from the database when requested
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
- Assist in the analysis of donation reports to help identify trends and future options
- Research, analyze and provide recommendations based on donor information to advance fundraising campaigns
- Work closely with the finance team and other members of the development team to ensure accurate coding of donations
- Actively participate in Wellspring’s spiritual rhythms
- Perform additional duties as requested by supervisor including participation in project teams
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma preferred
- Two years’ experience in related role with a non-profit organization preferred
- Proficient with the use of computers and Microsoft Office, knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record background check
- A mature Christian faith and affirmation of the Wellspring Faith Position
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Extensive visual concentration
- Repetitive work
- Manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail required while subject to interruptions
- Overtime as required
Why Wellspring Foundation for Education?
- We offer a generous compensation plan
- We offer eligible employees medical, dental, retirement benefits
- We offer opportunities for domestic and international travel
- We offer an engaged and positive work culture where employees are valued
- We offer coaching, professional and personal development, and staff care
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the world
Please send your Resumé, Cover Letter, and Statement of Faith* to email@example.com by Sunday, February 28, 2021. We thank all applicants however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
*What is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how it is relevant to your involvement with The Wellspring Foundation for Education. The statement can either be incorporated into your cover letter or submitted as a separate document. It should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current faith community.