Recruitment Project Coordinator, Search + Talent - Ketchum Canada Inc. - KCI Philanthropy
KCI currently has an opportunity for a Recruitment Project Coordinator to support our Search + Talent practice. This is a 12-18 month maternity leave contract commencing January 2024, and is part of a team of Project Coordinators supporting our Search + Talent team members across the country. The ideal candidate will be an organized, enthusiastic administrator with career aspirations for supporting and being part of a high performing, collegial team. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate pursuing an entry level role with an interest in gaining exposure to the Canadian non-profit sector.
KCI offers a flexible remote / hybrid work model. Our team is deployed across Canada and our head office is located in Toronto. This position will be based in the Greater Toronto Area, primarily working remotely from a home office location as well as periodically from our Toronto Head Office.
We are Canada’s leading consultants to the non-profit sector with professionals across the country in fundraising, strategy, research & analytics, and executive search.
Our core purpose is to inspire and enable organizations to raise money, to make the dream of better communities and improved lives a reality. And through our nearly 40 years of experience, we’ve helped thousands of organizations craft their strategies, build their teams and raise billions of dollars. We serve our clients through a wide variety of services including: Fundraising Counsel & Campaigns; Assessments & Strategy Development; Research & Analytics; Communications & Case Development; and Executive Search & Talent Services.
In doing that work, we firmly place our focus on values and people…both ours and our clients’. We are proudly and resolutely guided by our core values: the highest integrity in all our actions; commitment to excellence and innovation in everything we undertake; openness to new ideas; and collaborative respectful relationships with colleagues and our clients. We hire to these values and live them every day.
At KCI, our people are our most valuable resource. We hire the best and brightest, provide them with ongoing training and support, and give them the opportunity to work with a range of clients in different regions and charitable sectors across the country. We strive to foster a collaborative culture of professional and personal growth, and to recognize, value, and develop the individual skills and contributions of each of our team members. And because we know the future won’t look like the past, we hold capacity building, knowledge sharing and insight creation at our core. We have made it our business to know What’s Next.
As a firm, KCI has a strong commitment to equity and inclusivity. We are proud that our own staff represents various dimensions of diversity, including gender, race, sexual orientation, age, education, physical abilities, and language. KCI is privately owned by our Partners, 80% of whom are women.
We especially welcome interest from candidates who bring lived experience as a Black, Indigenous, or other racialized person, a person with disabilities, or an LGBTQ2+ person.
For more information about KCI, please visit: www.kciphilanthropy.com or www.kcitalent.com
Recruitment Project Coordinators work closely with the Search + Talent team across Canada, servicing a variety of recruitment assignments. Recognizing the increasingly complex and diverse needs of KCI clients, the incumbent must have the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects of varying scope and customization of approach.
Recruitment Project Coordinator Responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with Search Consultants on the tactical implementation of a recruitment project
- Proactively manage timelines and coordination of internal and client resources for scheduling and other activities specific to each assignment
- Support the development of client materials (including agendas, reports, presentations, position briefs, advertisements, proposals, candidate slates, etc.), and send them out on time
- Update and maintain the Search database with new candidates, clients, and search records
- Maintain search database training documentation and ensure accuracy and consistency of data entry among users; train as necessary; and ongoing database management as required
- Post online advertisements and manage social media posts
- Prepare candidate summaries (“Long Lists”) and interview guide booklets for client meetings
- Save cover letters and resumes into appropriate Client electronic folder(s)
- Organize travel and logistics for consultant(s) and/or out of town candidates
- Undertake internet-based research to help prepare the position briefs, and drop content and graphic images in the position briefs
- Send general responses to candidates to acknowledge receipt of submissions, and search timelines
- Communicate with clients directly to coordinate meetings, sharing of documents, etc.
- Provide full clerical, marketing, and administrative support to the Search + Talent team
- Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures
- Create and upkeep filing system (electronic and hard copy), including scanning and saving to file various records and interview notes
- Support other KCI staff on an as-needed basis
- Schedule, organize, and confirm meetings and appointments
- Handle meeting logistics such as boardroom reservations, catering, greeting guests, and other such arrangements
- Prepare expense reports for candidates and consultant(s) and submit to accounting for reimbursement
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS/
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent proof-reading, grammar, and spelling skills
- Superior planning, organization, and time management skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, and committed team player
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative, judgment and problem-solving ability
- Communicative and engaging, with excellent listening skills
- Strong work ethic with proven ability to successfully work cross-functionally within a team environment to complete projects and handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Strong computer software skills and some familiarity with data management and databases, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams), Adobe Acrobat, Zoom/Skype, and Website software
- A creative eye for designing position briefs, presentations, and other marketing collateral
- Flexible and responsive to client/consultants needs
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Customer service orientation, for both external and internal audiences
- Ability to proactively develop and maintain relationships with peers and senior members of the team
- Excellent ability to monitor and adhere to deadlines and timelines; capacity to navigate among team members and clients in multiple time zones
- Strong commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA)
- Ability to work in French and English (oral and written) would be an asset