Recruitment Advisor - WoodGreen Community Services
Program Overview – Workforce Development, Central Services
Workforce Development offers a variety programs to support community members to improve their soft and technical skills and supports individuals to secure long-term employment in specific sectors. The Workforce Development team provides support to those who are unemployed or under-employed with specific skills training and employment supports for attachment with employers in various sectors.
What You Will Do
- Work with all assigned job seekers to:
a) Assist them in matching their skills and interests with viable and sustainable employment opportunities; b) Implement their career goals and provide coaching and follow-up support to them.
- Assist job seekers in preparing for successful application, interviewing, and performance of specific job opportunities by coaching, providing constructive feedback, and guiding clients to meet the employer’s expectations.
- Assist job seekers with information on career planning, apprenticeships/training, internships, credential assessment, and WoodGreen employment programs and other community services which support employability.
- Manage a caseload of assigned job seekers with the responsibility of obtaining an appropriate job opportunity in line with performance targets.
- Collect and update relevant information related to employment labour market changes and training.
- Refer job seekers to other programs within the organization and or other community resources as appropriate.
- Outreach to, and liaise with, employers in assigned sectors to secure meaningful employment, internships, job placements, job trials, job shadowing, and mentorship opportunities.
- Negotiate training plans and contract agreements with employers and plan, monitor, and manage placement incentive budget allocations, in consultation with Management.
- Negotiate financial support to employers, when required, to assist in the removal of participation barriers and to ensure their interests are met.
- Conduct workplace site visits, bi-weekly follow-up support, and identify and resolves workplace issues that may affect job seekers’ success in the workplace.
- Case counsel with other staff in the client’s support team and collaborate to proactively support the client’s wellbeing and obtain successful outcomes.
- Maintain client files and documentation as well as all aspects of client confidentiality.
- Ensure that all payment requisitions are processed in a timely manner and responsible for submitting completed job trial applications, timesheets, and terminations.
- Participate as part of the team in developing and implementing unit goals and objectives.
- Ensure the anti-racism objectives and community development principles of the organization are achieved within the program.
What You Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, or related major.
- College Diploma, specializing in Career Studies, considered as asset.
- Two (2) years of work experience in the area of building relationships with Clients, Employers in Recruitment, Job Development, and Placement, or as Relationship or Account Manager.
- Two (2) years of work experience in employment programs, social work, and/or community development.
What Will Set You Apart
- Excellent time management, project management, report writing, and data collection skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
- Success working with multi-barriered clients in a social services or recruitment setting.
- Track record of independently managing a caseload and meeting or exceeding target expectations.
- Strong online presence and use of LinkedIn.
- Strong existing network of employer relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of pre-employment supports, re-training opportunities, and labour market information and resources.
- Knowledge of apprenticeship, upgrading, post-secondary, and transitional employment programs.