Recruiter - Bob Rumball Canadian Centre of Excellence for the Deaf (BRCCED)
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING# (2020-93)
POSITION TYPE: Part-time – Temporary (1 year contract) (Non-Union)
SCHEDULE: 20 hours/ week (with some flexibility)
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
The Bob Rumball Canadian Centre of Excellence for the Deaf (BRCCED) is a multi-purpose, multi-program facility that functions as a community centre for the Deaf and as a non-profit charitable provider of services for the Deaf.
The organization exists to provide care and opportunities in a communication-rich environment that enhances the quality of life of those we serve.
Reporting to the HR Director the Recruiter is responsible for the full life cycle recruitment process, plays an integral role by understanding the needs of hiring managers and sourcing the best talent to fill open positions.
Continuously partners with managers to design, refine and implement innovative recruiting strategies. Areas of specialization include creative ways to source top talent and increase brand awareness, screening candidates, promoting the value of working for our company to help us attract great candidates who fit our culture and can support our mission.
This position is a temporary role, with the possibility of extension.
- Understand that an employer brand is more than a logo, and know how to communicate the value proposition of working for our organization
- Utilize knowledge of recruiting sources and innovative recruiting strategies to find quality candidates
- Grow and foster high-touch relationships with a database of qualified active and passive talent to pull from as new positions open up
- Organize recruiting campaigns, programs and events from strategy to execution that build brand awareness and generate qualified leads
- Ensures all screening, hiring and selection is done in accordance with employment laws and collective bargaining agreement
- Develop and release job postings on platforms, such as social media and job boards
- Works with managers to develop their hiring skills to improve candidate decisions
- Screen resumes, qualify, interview, and manage candidate throughout interview process
- Assists in development and maintenance of job descriptions including physical demands analysis
- Responsible and accountable for the smooth operation of recruitment in conjunction with HR Director
- Perform reference checks and facilitate the offer process including background checks and medical
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ recruiting experience and knowledge, preferably in non-profit sector
- Active member of APRC with RPR designation or working towards it
- Experience developing recruitment strategies
- Working knowledge of interview techniques
- Ability to manage wide range of relationships with variety of stakeholders
- Detailed oriented and resourceful self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Strong time management, organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Able to work both independently with minimum supervision and effectively with other team members
- Excellent ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong computer literacy and willingness to improve skills
- Strong and highly developed administrative, communication and interpersonal skills
- American Sign Language skills and understanding of Deaf culture an asset
- Position may transfer to a different location based on business needs
- Possesses valid Class G driver’s license
- French language/LSQ an asset
Interested candidates please email resume to: Human Resources at email@example.com or fax to (416).449.8881
Please contact the above if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB POSTING NUMBER YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Date: November 11, 2020 Closing Date: November 24, 2020 Start Date: Immediate