Recruiter - Alinea International Ltd.
Reporting to: Business Development Director
Alinea International provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, Alinea has managed and implemented more than 500 projects and assignments in dozens of countries worldwide.
Alinea is seeking a recruiter who will be based in its Gatineau office to support Project and Business Development teams. The position covers both recruiting and sourcing: the candidate will be responsible for developing TORs, sourcing project managers and subject-matter experts in Canada and abroad, due diligence, growing and maintaining a database of qualified candidates, establishing a strong recruiting network, utilizing numerous techniques to source and attract potential talent, interviewing and contributing to CV development.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Employs a variety of sourcing techniques to identify a high quality and diverse candidate pool;
- Creates and fosters relationships with key associations, firms, networks, and other resources;
- Screens and refers qualified applicants for interviews. Assists with interviewing;
- Conducts background and reference checks;
- Ensures candidate applications are complete with necessary information for proposals and client review and acceptance;
- Works with candidates to ensure they understand the recruitment and compensation system;
- Works with project managers to develop and extend offers of employment to selected candidates in line with Alinea’s employment policies and procedures;
- Maintains records on recruiting activities and analyzes metrics;
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field plus a minimum of three to five years of relevant recruitment experience, including international project recruitment. Strong business development, and proposal development experience preferred;
- Experience supporting international development projects, including those funded by Global Affairs Canada, DFID and other donor organizations is an asset;
- A solid understanding of how to source, screen and recruit in overseas markets;
- Sensitivity and discretion when handling confidential information;
- Ability to organize, perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with colleagues and supervisors;
- Ability to be professional, flexible, solution-oriented, and creative;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge of and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent oral and written communication and representational skills;
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases including applicant tracking systems;
- Fluency in English, bilingual preferred, Spanish an asset.
Alinea offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com.