RECRUITER #2019-056 - Canadian Mental Health Association, York and South Simcoe
POSTING DATE: August 13, 2019
CLOSING DATE: August 27, 2019
Closing Date: August 27, 2019
Contract, 1 (One) Year; 12 months, Full-time, 35 Hours per Week, Evening Hours and Weekends may be required
Competition #: 2019-056
Our Mission: As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, help build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
- Client and Family Centered – through partnership, accountability and action
- Culturally Competent – to provide the best service and work experience
- Innovation – to bring value to our community
Team Values: Trust, Respect, Communication and Teamwork.
Hours of work: 8:30 am-4:30 pm, 35 hours per week.
Extra hours and or weekends may be required on occasion.
Start Date: on or before October 7th, 2019
Location: Newmarket, York Region.
Travel to other sites within York region may be required.
We are looking for a Recruiter to help manage the high volume, day-to-day recruitment efforts and strategies in support of our continued growth. We are seeking a resourceful, self-motivated individual with an energizing personality who will work alongside other human resource professionals within the Workforce and Culture team!
The Recruiter is responsible for executing the entire recruitment process and carrying out applicable administrative duties. The incumbent must prepare internal and external recruitment advertisements in accordance with agency procedures, post to relevant websites, monitor postings, review all resumes for mandatory requirements, select candidates for consideration, update recruitment software and forward selection to the hiring manager. The incumbent must prepare interview packages, coordinate and schedule interviews for the interview team. They must set up candidates for required testing. The Recruiter will be responsible for collecting and submitting the final interview packages for the offer phase and will prepare recruitment updates for management on a bi-weekly basis. The incumbent will also review for completion and close all competition files, and may conduct HR orientations with new hire employees as required.
The Recruiter must maintain a current knowledge of HR related legislation, employment standards, WSIB, Human Rights, and health and safety etc. The incumbent will operationalize the organization’s Vision, Mission, and Values and its goals as outlined in its strategic plan as well as adhere to organizational policies and procedures, especially as they relate to human resources. The Recruiter will support other HR initiatives and Projects on an as-needed basis
In addition to compliance with all organizational policies and procedures, the incumbent is also expected to behave ethically, demonstrate competence in effective communication and team building, demonstrate effectiveness in working in a collaborative environment, and demonstrate confidence in decision-making and in building relationships.
- Degree/diploma in Human Resources or a related discipline.
- Preference is given to CHRP completed or in progress
- One year experience as recruiter or Human Resources generalist, preferably in a non-profit agency environment is an asset
- Knowledge of employment related legislation including but not limited to:
- Ontario Employment Standards Act
- Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ontario Human Rights Act
- Personal Information Protection Act
- Experience with online recruitment tools and databases is an asset
- Excellent computer skills required, including Microsoft Office, and excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to interact with employees and managers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to co-ordinate own workload and work effectively under monthly deadline pressure
- Strong process, detail, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- A second language reflecting the local community is preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
At CMHA York and South Simcoe, we operate in a matrix design. Therefore, this position reports to and is supervised by the Senior Director of Workforce and Culture; however, will be tasked by the HR Coordinators. Due to growth and organizational change, the reporting structure for this position may be modified over the contract duration.
Working Conditions: Works extensively at a desk using a computer up to 7 hours a day, standard office setting, occasional weekend/evening hours may be required, occasional lifting of up to 15 pounds
In keeping with Mental Health reform, best practices, funding and direction this position may later require knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions not noted here
Why work for CMHA-York Region?
We are a team committed to our vision of mentally healthy people in a healthy society. That means we respect that our clients are the experts in their recovery journey and that our role is to provide support, resources and opportunities based on their hopes and dreams. It means that we foster and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit to create, implement, and sustain innovative, evidence based and transformational impact. We seek out and build partnerships, collaborate and share knowledge to be the most culturally competent team and fully integrated service delivery partner.
Our team cares for each other. We have our own team values of trust, respect, teamwork and communication. We hold ourselves accountable and we celebrate our wins. We risk, we learn and we take the opportunity to continuously improve our skills, the way we function as a team, and, ultimately, how we deliver services.
We are a team committed to Mental Health for all in York Region and South Simcoe and we are looking for committed, caring people like you! Join us and be part of providing great care in great communities!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the link on this posting or visit the Career section of our website. Complete the application form and submit your cover letter and resume (PDF or Word) together as one (1) document / attachment in the Resume section, outlining how your experience matches our requirements, and addressing the Human Resources Department, quoting Competition # 2019-056.
CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We welcome persons with lived experience, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTTQ+, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, email AODA@cmha-yr.on.ca
Online:www.cmha-yr.on.ca, under CAREERS section.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that if you are currently active in another recruitment cycle, you will not be eligible for this position.