Receptionist - Youth Employment Services YES
Contract to November 30th, 2019
YES believes that employment is empowerment and the cornerstone of safe and healthy communities. YES leads the Canadian youth sector with innovative programs that empower disadvantaged and vulnerable youth to become self-sufficient contributing members of society.
The Position: Admin-Reception Location: 555 Richmond Street West
Reports to: Manager Salary: $42,844.85 at 6 months $44,155.33
Hours of Work: Monday- Thursday 9am to 5pm Friday 9am – 4pm
The Admin-Reception will provide ongoing administrative and clerical support to include answering enquiries about YES services and directing calls, managing incoming/outgoing mail, client registration, photocopying/faxing/scanning documents and other duties as assigned.
Your energy and enthusiasm are boundless and you enjoy and thrive in a fast paced environment. You are detail oriented and an excellent communicator. You welcome the opportunity to work collaboratively with a team in support of the organization’s mission and values.
- Community College diploma or degree in administration and/or 3 years’ related experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills , with the ability to interact professionally with youth and adults of diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Professional and courteous telephone manner
- Adaptable, strong team player and able to work well independently
- Strong computer skills: MS Office Suite and Internet
- Detail-oriented, trustworthy, reliable and punctual.
- Knowledge of various community resources available in Toronto area
- Experience woking with data management systems preferred
- Provide accurate information to the public regarding all services and locations of the agency in person via phone/email
- Answer, screen and forward incoming calls using a multi-line system
- Greet visitors upon arrival and notifies the appropriate person/s
- Book appointments and contact clients to confirm appointments
- Create new client files, update client information and enter status of client appointments in the system
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Assist with on-going file organization and maintenance, including data entry and the proper disposal of old files
- Complete monthly statistical reports on service activities
- Maintain employee directories
- Prepare order forms for office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Maintain systems for booking workshops/meetings rooms
- Prepare information for courier pick- up and delivery ensuring that information is properly filed
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying and faxing
- Operate various office equipment, including computer, telephone, fax machine, photocopier, label maker, and shredder
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all YES policies and procedures
- Ensure confidentially is maintained
- Represent YES at all times in a professional manner
- Participate in regular supervision meetings
- Work cooperatively with other team members
- Clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday August 2nd, 2019.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the YES Accessibility policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. YES is an equal opportunity employer.