Receptionist / Resources Administration - Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre
Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre is seeking a Receptionist responsible for answering telephones, greeting individuals in person and ensuring resources are up to date and relevant.
- Greet all walk-in Clients and determine service need of new clients i.e. job search assistance, use of Resource Centre, information for other support services.
- Provide all general start-up duties for the office, including: opening, disarming alarm, starting Resource Centre and front desk equipment (e.g. computers, fax machine, photocopier), operating computer virus scans, preparing sign-in sheets, checking and transferring messages left on telephone system and fax.
- Starting ready to serve clients at 8:30 am sharp, finishing no earlier than 4.30 pm: greet, direct and assist service users /others, providing information on the telephone or in-person, forwarding calls, booking appointments for service provision and computer usage, referring clients to appropriate program/s or service, etc.
- Assist clients utilizing Resource Centre with equipment /computer usage including internet, faxing, photocopying (troubleshooting when required), job postings, researching employer information, minor resume/cover letter changes, etc.
- Perform administrative duties, which will include: preparing files for new Assisted Service clients, when required, creating spreadsheets, ordering and tracking office supplies, prepares absentee forms, informs management of staff absences, etc.
- Bring any concerns to program manager.
- Prepare weekly/ monthly aggregate reports
- Complies with contractual obligations as set out in the program guidelines, contracts and/or agreements
- Provides general office administration support
- Prepares files for archive storage.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by program manager.
- Maintain confidentiality of service users and agency matters during and after work hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge and/or training of:
- Professional business and telephone manner.
- Office administration practices and procedures.
- Operation of general office equipment and computers.
- Strong organizational, data-entry and administrative skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Typing of minimum 45 wpm – high attention to detail and accuracy
- Multi-task, solve problems and adapt to change.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Operate a multi-line telephone system.
- >1-year experience in office administration or related field.
- Previous customer service experience
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time; heavy computer usage.
- Multiple requests, deadlines and interruptions.
- Interacting with the public on a one-to-one basis
- Little exposure to hazards
Personal Characteristics Required
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of DRUHC.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of DRUHC.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in an effective and timely manner using appropriate communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within DRUHC parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and take appropriate actions which are timely and in the best interests of DRUHC.
- Organization/Plan: Maintain and organize working area, set priorities and monitor progress.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situation, identify causes, gather relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- DRUHC recognizes the dignity and potential of each person. We offer an employment culture where a positive attitude and commitment to continuous improvement are highly valued and considered the foundation of our decision making, work practices and success of the organization. We hope you will become and continue to be a valuable and integral member of our team.
Please forward resumes for consideration to email@example.com
with the following Subject line: Attention: Receptionist Application