Qualitative Research Associate - The Portage Group
A growing, virtual consulting firm is looking for a qualitative research associate who has above average skills conducting secondary research, interviews, writing reports, and analyzing information.
The Portage Group is a full-service consulting firm focused on providing research-based solutions to member-based organizations. Our current business lines include: Market Research, Strategic Planning, Executive Search, Organizational Development and Governance. We are a virtual office of consultants located in Toronto, Ottawa and Victoria and looking for the right person to support our growing business.
This is a multi-faceted role requiring someone with strong initiative, with the ability to roll up their sleeves where and when needed, as well as to learn quickly and balance multiple simultaneous priorities. This is a supporting role to many areas of our business, and will include responsibilities in some of the following areas:
Research and Analysis
- Qualitative research including in-depth market research telephone interviews and secondary research to support projects across our business lines
- Executive search support that may include candidate sourcing, screening interviews, and candidate profile development
- Drafting concise and professionally-written documents, including interview guides and communications, job descriptions, analytical research reports and strategic plan documents
Administration and Project Management
- Administrative support that may include helping to coordinate phone interviews, meetings and other tasks, as needed
Marketing Support (Secondary Role)
- Maintaining a strong corporate social media presence
- Coordinating and writing blog posts
- Other marketing support that may include maintaining/updating our website
Our incoming team member will be expected to work from their home office, connecting virtually and in-person with our team of consultants in Ontario and BC. As such, you will need access to a suitable virtual/home office workspace and be available during standard business weekday hours. Depending on location, you may also be expected to work some days in a shared office with other TPG staff and/or travel periodically for meetings and events.
- Experience conducting qualitative research, performing analysis and making evidence-based recommendations.
- Excellent business writing skills are a must.
- Undergraduate or Masters’ Degree in a relevant field.
- Experience conducting research interviews (in-person and/or by telephone).
- Experience with content development and social media planning and management is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of the association sector and member-based organizations is an asset.
- Experience working in a team-based environment.
- 2-3 years’ professional experience in a related role is preferred.
- Access to a suitable virtual/home office space.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
It is preferred that the individual be located in Victoria, Ottawa or Toronto although candidates from other markets may be considered.
This will be an hourly position to start (20 – 30+ hours a week) with near-term potential to move to a full-time role for the right candidate. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Applicants are to include a statement of compensation expectations. Please submit CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.