Public Relations & Marketing Specialist - CPB Canada (Certified Professional Bookkeepers of Canada)
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Report(s): None
Location: Remote, home-based position
Are you excited about the idea of using your skills and knowledge to have a significant impact on our membership support and growth? Are you looking for an opportunity that allows you to work independently, yet collaboratively, in a work-from-home position?
CPB Canada is currently seeking an experienced public relations and marketing specialist to lead and support the organization’s efforts to promote the understanding and awareness of the role of the professional bookkeeper, as well as the benefits and importance of the Certified Professional Bookkeeper (CPB) designation.
CPB Canada is a national certifying body for professional bookkeepers. We are a member-based association and the leading continuing education and career development organization for bookkeepers in Canada. Our mission is to build a professional community that inspires excellence, builds meaningful connections, and fosters innovation and learning. With more than 1,500 members, CPB Canada is the largest and fastest-growing bookkeeping association in Canada.
As our new Public Relations & Marketing Specialist, you’ll lead a variety of strategies and initiatives aimed at promoting the role and value of the professional bookkeeper, the CPB designation, and CPB Canada to a range of stakeholders. Reporting to the CEO, you'll be working in a collaborative environment with the CPB Canada team and our volunteers to help shape the voice of the profession; planning and execution of public relations and marketing efforts that position CPB Canada as the leader/voice of the bookkeeping profession within Canada. You’ll work closely with the Senior Membership Officer to coordinate marketing activities and initiatives related to membership.
Our ideal candidate is a creative thinker with strategic planning skills who is professional and well organized. We are seeking a self-starter with a strong work ethic, as this a work from home position. A passion for turning deep customer insights and data into brilliant strategies and messaging across a variety of digital, social and print platforms, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines is an absolute must!
You will be measured on your ability to increase engagement with members and stakeholders across communication platforms, growth in overall membership and ultimately recognition of CPB Canada as the voice of the bookkeeping profession in Canada
This is a high-profile position, with both internal and external reach, and requires an emotionally mature, self-motivated professional with sound judgement, extensive communication skills, and ability to work under minimal supervision. Some evening and weekend work is required. You are flexible, comfortable in an evolving role, adept in navigating a complex, multi-stakeholder environment, and can admirably balance a high volume of work with high-quality output. Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
Responsibilities & How You Will Contribute:
- Responsible for creating, executing and monitoring public relations, marketing and government relations strategies and plans, including digital and social media strategies, in collaboration with team members and volunteers across the organization
- Strengthen and amplify the organization’s voice by leading the development and implementation of clear and consistent key messaging and brand guidelines
- Oversees website, social media, and digital content to achieve marketing, stakeholder relationship and strategic communications goals
- Works with the CEO to promote the organization to government stakeholders and other community partners
- Works with new and existing partners to ensure promotion and marketing obligations are met.
- Develops, monitors, and administers communication plans, action plans, and reports
- Ensures the development, maintenance and adherence to policy and procedures in public relations, marketing, communication, and brand
- Helps to create and curate relevant content, in general, to build a repository of articles that can be used for a wide variety of communication initiatives and mediums, both internally and externally
- Serve as an internal resource/subject matter expert for marketing & brand-related queries within the organization
- Continually monitors and keeps informed about changes to social media platforms, online marketing, and social media data/metrics, trends, and innovations, recommends strategies and new tools to the CEO, and implements these strategies as needed
- Other duties, projects and responsibilities as assigned by the CEO
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in public relations, marketing, communications or related field or a combination of education and professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive public relations, marketing, and/or communications management experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience with social media platforms, analytics and content marketing, preferably with a mission-driven organization or group
- Demonstrated successful development and execution of public relations and/or marketing plans with a proven record of achieving goals
- Proven ability to perform research and analyze the research findings to develop effective strategies
- Direct experience developing engaging and effective public relations and marketing content and collateral
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills and the ability to help drive projects to completion in an environment with multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to use good judgment, take initiative and solve problems
- Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills
- Exceptional copy-editing and graphic design skills with a laser-like attention to detail
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and judgment in cases involving confidential, sensitive, or controversial matters
- A strong collaborative approach, with a willingness to pitch in and help whenever the need arises
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, a high level of integrity and an excellent work ethic
- Ability to self-motivate and work well independently
- Some evening and weekend work and occasional travel is required
- The ability to work in a home-based, virtual office environment with access to strong, reliable internet and telephone services is a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint, Publisher) and Canva
- You must be able to provide a clear background check
- Demonstrated fluency in French is an asset
All resumes and cover letters must be sent to Nicole Poirier (email@example.com).
Please include a cover letter with your application that communicates “What makes you the ideal candidate for this position?”, as well as writing samples or a link to your portfolio.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. No phone calls please. No agency calls please. No late submission will be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected as a potential candidate will be contacted.