Psychometrist (full time & full time contract) - Bethesda
Bethesda’s Adult Clinical Services require one (1) Full-Time (Niagara based) and one (1) Full-Time Contract (Hamilton based) Psychometrist.
Reporting to the Adult Clinical Manager, the role of the Psychometrist is to conduct psychometric assessments to adults age 18 or older. This position will require travel to Hamilton, Haldimand, Norfolk, Niagara and Brant regions.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position will be: (this is not a comprehensive list)
Conduct interviews with clients and those within his/her support circle, accessing and reviewing pertinent information to determine and address the specific reason for the referral.
- Administration of standardized psychometric measures to answer the specific reason for referral
- Analyze data, be the primary author of reports and letters in consultation with a Supervising Psychologist
- Make recommendations in the best interest of clients
- Review test findings and assist with the implementation of recommendations, as necessary
- Work collaboratively with the existing team and other professionals
- Prepare and present seminars and other trainings
- Attend conferences and other training opportunities to keep abreast of best practices and new research findings
- A Master’s Degree in Psychology is required
- One to Three years’ experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities and experience conducting psychometric assessments is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to conduct clinical observations and administer standardized, psychometric testing
- Familiarity with virtual platforms to provide assessments and training
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication (written and oral), analytical, organizational and time management skills
- French/English bilingualism is an asset