Psychogeriatric Case Manager - Shoreham - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
PSYCHOGERIATRIC CASE MANAGER - SHOREHAM
1 Full Time Maternity Leave Contract Position (12-16 months)
As a Psychogeriatric Case Manager, you will be part of a team that assesses, identifies and facilitates support networks and linkages for older adults and seniors living in LOFT Seniors Program sites in the Jane/Finch area and/or living independently on their own in the wider Jane/Finch community. Many of these seniors will be living with mental illness and/or addiction challenges. You will facilitate connections with primary care and community support services, create coordinated care /support plans with individuals, and provide crisis intervention as needed. You will also implement outreach and community development activities.
Staff will be required to work in residents’ rooms/apartment units and may therefore be exposed to secondhand smoke. There may be evening and weekend hours.
- Completion of or working towards a diploma/degree in Social Work/Social Services/Human Services or equivalent;
- Minimum three years related experience in providing support to vulnerable adults and/or seniors with special needs including mental illness, addictions, complex physical health challenges and severe social isolation;
- An excellent understanding of harm reduction, recovery and psychosocial rehabilitation principles, the therapeutic relationship, and an ability to come to an agreement with clients on goals/priorities;
- Crisis intervention skills, with well developed problem solving abilities and interpersonal skills;
- Group counselling related to mental health, addictions and related issues;
- Good oral and written communication skills and computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel;
- Counselling and responding skills;
- Creativity and flexibility to approaches;
- Knowledge of community resources and supports;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and interact with workers from a variety of agencies;
- Strong assessment skills;
- Understanding of cultural competency and framework;
- Valid drivers’ license; to transport clients in vehicles (LOFT owned and/or personal vehicle);
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
TO APPLY: Send your Resume and Cover letter to Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: September 14, 2019
PLEASE INCLUDE “PCM – Shoreham” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ANY EMAILS