Psychogeriatric Case Manager - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Psychogeriatric Case Manager.
As a Psychogeriatric Case Manager, you will be part of a team that provides care coordination and support for older adult and seniors with serious mental illness and other challenges (e.g. addictions, serious and chronic health challenges). A key component of this position is building a support network of community resources that will enable the individual to increase their independence, dignity and self-respect. The role will require direct service and support to clients in area such as daily living, practical assistance, crisis intervention, linkages to primary care and a range of other services to support the individual’s needs.
Note: Staff will be required to work in client’s own homes and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Completion of a diploma/degree in Social Services/Human Services or equivalent;
- Minimum three years related experience in providing support to vulnerable seniors and older adults with special needs including mental illness, physical health and aging related illnesses, addictions and severe social isolation;
- An understanding of harm reduction, recovery and psychosocial rehabilitation principles, the therapeutic relationship, and an ability to come to an agreement with clients on goals/priorities;
- Crisis intervention skills, with well-developed problem solving abilities and interpersonal skills;
- Group counseling related to mental health, addictions and related issues;
- Good oral and written communication skills and computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel;
- Counseling, responding and assessment skills;
- Creativity and flexibility to approaches;
- Knowledge of community resources and supports;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and interact with workers from a variety of agencies;
- Valid drivers’ license;
- Knowledge of OCAN and RAI assessment tools an asset
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework;
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “PCM -BRADFORD” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: November 24, 2020