Psychogeriatric Case Manager - JGH - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Psychogeriatric Case Manager.
As a Psychogeriatric Case Manager (PCM) you will be part of a team that co-ordinates a support network and linkages for older adult and seniors with serious mental illness, provides assistance to the physical, cognitive, and mental health needs of vulnerable, senior residents, and other older adults living in various community assisted living sites as a part of the uninsured program and John Gibson House – The Stepping Stone Project. The PCM will be responsible for completing and maintaining the required records or statistics such as resident files, assessments, reports and application forms to other applicable agencies. As a team member, the PCM will provide support, consultation to colleagues, identify gaps in service and recommend solutions, develop individual goals and objectives, crisis plans, participate in meetings, planning and evaluation initiatives, committees, events and activities. The role will require direct service and support to clients in areas such as daily living, practical assistance, crisis intervention, linkages to primary care and a range of other services to support the individual’s needs.
Note: You will be required to work in residents’ rooms/apartment units and may be exposed to second hand smoke. There may be occasional evenings and weekend hours.
- Completion of or working towards a diploma/degree in Social Services/Human Services, or equivalent; Gerontology is an asset;
- Minimum three years related experience in providing support to vulnerable seniors and older adults with complex needs including mental illness, addictions and severe social isolation. An understanding of harm reduction, recovery and psychosocial rehabilitation principles, the therapeutic relationship, and an ability to come to an agreement with clients on goals/priorities;
- Crisis intervention skills, with well developed problem solving abilities and interpersonal skills;
- Group counseling related to mental health, addictions and related issues;
- Good oral and written communication skills and computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel;
- Counseling, responding and assessment skills;
- Creativity and flexibility to approaches;
- Knowledge of community resources and supports;
- Proven ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams and community stakeholders;
- Valid drivers’ license - Access to a reliable vehicle;
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework;
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “PCM - JGH” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: January 17, 2021