Psychogeriatric Case Manager - Bradford - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which reflect diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients that we serve.
PSYCHOGERIATRIC CASE MANAGER - BRADFORD
1 Full Time Maternity Leave Contract Position (18 months)
As a Psychogeriatric Case Manager, you will be part of a team that provides care coordination and support for older adult and seniors with serious mental illness and other challenges (e.g. addictions, serious and chronic health challenges). A key component of this position is building a support network of community resources that will enable the individual to increase their independence, dignity and self-respect. The role will require direct service and support to clients in area such as daily living, practical assistance, crisis intervention, linkages to primary care and a range of other services to support the individual’s needs.
Note: Staff will be required to work in client’s own homes and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. Frequent travel will be required using own vehicle.
- Completion of a diploma/degree in Social Services/Human Services or equivalent;
- Minimum three years related experience in providing support to vulnerable seniors and older adults with special needs including mental illness, physical health and aging related illnesses, addictions and severe social isolation;
- An understanding of harm reduction, recovery and psychosocial rehabilitation principles, the therapeutic relationship, and an ability to come to an agreement with clients on goals/priorities;
- Crisis intervention skills, with well developed problem solving abilities and interpersonal skills;
- Group counseling related to mental health, addictions and related issues;
- Good oral and written communication skills and computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel;
- Counseling, responding and assessment skills;
- Creativity and flexibility to approaches;
- Knowledge of community resources and supports;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and interact with workers from a variety of agencies;
- Understanding of cultural competency and framework
- Valid drivers’ license;
- Knowledge of OCAN and RAI assessment tools an asset
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: October 13, 2019
PLEASE PUT THE FULL JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT BAR OF ANY EMAILS AND ON YOUR COVER LETTER.