Prospect Research Officer - JDRF
JDRF is the largest non-profit organization in the world that is exclusively focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D). At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of type 1 diabetes (T1D) from people’s lives and funding research into cures is our #1 priority. While we wait for cures, we also fund ground-breaking research that seeks to improve the lives of people with T1D.
If you are looking to make a substantial impact in the lives of the more than 300,000 Canadians living with T1D, now is the time to join our team at JDRF.
We’re currently seeking a Prospect Research Officer to join our newly formed Leadership Giving Operations team. This team provides the tools, streamlined processes and support to our fundraising teams, allowing them to deepen relationships with constituents and generate maximum financial support for JDRF.
The Prospect Research Officer reports to the National Manager, Leadership Giving Operations and will be responsible for developing and leading the prospect research and pipeline management function.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to:
- Proactively identify new prospects and rate prospects using internal information and leads, data mining, demographic searches etc.
- Identify opportunities for corporate philanthropic giving, including prospect identification and managing a prospect list
- Monitor community news and developments, and industry best practices to identify potential individuals and organizations that could support JDRF
- Collaborate with the team to identify and qualify prospects and build strategies to capture giving potential
- Using a broad spectrum of resources, research, organize, and evaluate a prospect’s financial capacity, ability to give, willingness to give, charitable interests, and connection to the organization
- Produce in-depth, timely, well-written, confidential snapshots and profiles on prospects based on a combination of data from databases, available financial records, real estate ownership, and other markers of high quality donors
- Write prospect briefings to be used by fundraising staff
- Complete special ad-hoc research projects to support donor development and fundraising strategies
- Track all constituent relationship activity, profiles, research information and account management in JDRF’s CRM
- Review and refresh prospect pool, ensuring a robust development of the prospect pipeline
- Coordinate and track regular moves management, and opportunity tracking at each stage of the development cycle
- Participate in the prospect clearance process.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- College/university degree in fundraising management or related discipline and 2-4 years previous related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience doing extensive research in academic career
- Experience in fundraising programs including major gift fundraising
- Experience in a non-profit environment; experience in a national organization an asset
- Ability to investigate, analyze, and synthesize large quantities of data into a user-friendly and concise format for the use by fundraising staff
- Naturally curious to surface leads, opportunities, ideas, forge connections and identify trends
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment to develop cooperative working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Understanding of CRM or databases and proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to successfully interact with external stakeholders and staff within the organization
- Proven discretion with valuable and personal donor details that are often confidential
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, problem solving and planning skills are required
- Self-starter, capable of identifying the need for and recommending action
- Bilingual research ability is an asset
Preferred Location: Office is located at 600-235 Yorkland Blvd, Toronto, ON but flexibility on location outside of the GTA but elsewhere in Canada may be provided. All JDRF staff are currently working from home until further notice (due to Covid-19 related health precautions).
Why choose JDRF?
At JDRF, we foster innovation and strive to think differently while working towards our mission in a collaborative, dynamic and positive work environment. Each day we live our core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability. We prioritize growing our talent from within and strive to provide development opportunities to our team. We also offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
Ready to apply? Please submit your application online. This position will remain posted until filled.
JDRF strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. JDRF is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.