Project Manager Implementation & Partnerships - Providence Health Care
The BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) is a provincially networked organization with a mandate to develop, help implement, and evaluate evidence-based approaches to substance use and addiction. BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) seeks to improve the integration of best practices and care across the continuum of substance use through the collaborative development of evidence-based policies, guidelines, and standards. With the support of the Province of BC, BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) aims to transform substance use policies and care by translating research into education and care guidance, thereby serving all British Columbians.
The BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) seeks to achieve these goals through integrated activities of its three core functions: research and evaluation, education and training, and clinical care guidance.
- Research —Leading an innovative multidisciplinary program of research, monitoring, evaluation and quality improvement activities to guide health system improvements in the area of substance use.
- Education and Training—Strengthening addiction medicine education activities across disciplines, academic institutions and health authorities, and training the next generation of interdisciplinary leaders in addiction medicine.
- Clinical Care Guidance—Developing and helping implement evidence-based clinical practice guidelines, treatment pathways and other practice support documents.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Director of Administrative Services the Project Manager provides organizational planning, oversight and coordination for the implementation of medium to large-scale project(s) related to new systems and processes that may impact multiple sites of the organization and/or partner organizations. Coordinates project activities to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and on budget. Works collaboratively and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of project vision, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive. Liaises with operational leaders, staff, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure site(s) readiness and assists with the management of the change at the site level. Leads project team(s) and coordinates related activities. Communicates with stakeholders, and all levels of staff and management on the scope and status of the project and acts as a resource. Liaises with consultants and other external agencies, as needed.
- Work with stakeholders to create detailed project charters and plans and monitor timelines and deliverables.
- Manage project plans: estimating, tracking, monitoring, and communicating project progress, requirements, quality measures, controlling of scope, and resource planning.
- Execute the project plans using established project management methodologies. In addition you will facilitate project meetings, track project progress and identified metrics and coordinate and update stakeholders on current status of project plans. You will also participate in the development and monitoring of project budges and resources plans
- Develops, implements and manages the strategic planning and process improvement process.
- Baccalaureate degree or a diploma in a relevant health related field and five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience that includes managing projects in a large, health care organization or related setting
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Experience in managing large projects from start to end
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Why Providence Health Care?
- Values-based organization guided by the principle, How you want to be treated.
- Opportunity to grow and expand your nursing career within a collaborative team
- Exposure to a diverse range of patients
- Competitive benefits and salary package including MSP, extended health, municipal pension, work-life balance, flexibility and staff discounts
- Take on new challenges as part of the PHC family
Should you be interested in this exciting oppurtunity please visit http://www.providencehealthcare.org/careers/postings/project-manager-bc-centre-substance-use or contact email@example.com