Project Manager, Career Pathways for Newcomer Women (Brampton) - ACCES Employment
Project Manager, Career Pathways for Newcomer Women
Assignment to March 31, 2020 with Possibility of Extension
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
ACCES Employment’s Career Pathways for Newcomer Women (CPNW) is an innovative new program that combines cutting edge employment supports for newcomer women with an integrated research component.
The position of Project Manager, CPNW is an exceptional career opportunity for someone with experience in supporting the labour market integration of newcomer women and in supporting the mobilization and creation of knowledge through research. Reporting to the Director, Services and Program Development, the Project Manager is responsible for the launch and regular operation of the CPNW program, building an effective team and operational processes that ensure the successful labour market integration of program participants. As part of the management team, this is a non-unionized position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of the daily operations of the CPNW team, building a collaborative, adaptive and high-performing work environment
- Work with staff to implement the program delivery model and ensure high quality development and delivery of program components including: information sessions; essential skills assessment and training; career pathing; webinars, incorporating digital platforms into the training environment, hiring events, and other prescribed program elements.
- Work closely with CPNW research stakeholders, as well as other project teams within ACCES, to support the research component of the CPNW program
- Work closely with CPNW community stakeholders, as well as other project teams within ACCES, to support the employment goals of CPNW participants
- Ensure overall project consistency, including the development and implementation of project evaluation systems and procedures that ensure project compliance with funder guidelines and targets
- Liaise and negotiate with users, vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of goods and services
- Manage the CPNW operational budget, ensuring that program funds are spent effectively and appropriately to support the success of program participants
- Actively promote the creation and maintenance of internal and external client referral networks
- Resolve common client issues and escalate more serious client issues appropriately as needed
- Oversee HR activities, including but not limited to screening applicants, interviewing and hiring of staff, conducting staff orientation and onboarding, verifying time sheets and providing input to the performance review process
- Assist Director in the preparation, collection and maintenance of regular reports, schedules, and statistics
- Work with both Marketing and program staff to create and implement marketing, promotion and community and employer outreach strategies
- Make recommendations to Director regarding project activities to improve its administration efficiency and effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- A university degree and a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Minimum of 3 years of work-related experience in Human Services and minimum of 3 years’ experience of supervision and program or project management
- Exceptional strength in human resources areas of performance management, team leadership and staff coaching/mentoring, preferably in a diverse setting
- Experience in community engagement and employment services, particularly in relation to newcomer women
- A history of successfully conducting employer outreach and managing employment events that connect newcomer job seekers with employers
- Proven experience in launching new programs, particularly within short timelines
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity and ability to engage various teams and work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies and employers representing ACCES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector and working in a diverse environment is an asset
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations and/or partner and employer organizations, or as needed
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with and/or experience conducting evidence-based research is considered and asset
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By email: email@example.com
Please note: Resumes are reviewed as they are submitted and candidates may be contacted for interviews. This position will be posted until it is filled.
Candidates may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons’ with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures, will be addressed confidentially.