Project Manager - Brain Injury Canada
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The mission of Brain Injury Canada is to enhance the quality of life of individuals and families/caregivers living with brain injury in Canada. The Board, Staff and volunteers of Brain Injury Canada are dedicated to facilitating post-trauma research, education, awareness and advocacy in partnership with national, provincial/territorial and regional associations and other stakeholders.
Brain Injury Canada has developed a comprehensive and centralized information website of credible and evidence-based information, enabling us to build bridges, share knowledge and resources. The goal is to continue to create a network of care for Canadians living with brain injury and their families looking for information, help and support.
To support this important work, Brain Injury Canada is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Project Manager to cover a maternity leave to continue work on this project. The successful candidate will also be required to contribute to other organizational programs and activities as required.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Manager assumes responsibility for the development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of BIC projects, and ensures that project objectives & multiple key deliverables are realized. This challenging role requires an individual with strong organization, communication, people and leadership skills, as well as project management proficiency. You are an experienced, flexible professional, with the vision and ability to deliver a large-scale, multi-faceted project with competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Develop a detailed work plan designed to achieve project deliverables
- Coordinate planning and implementation activities with all relevant parties including web developers, content writer and translation coordinator
- Prepare budgets and manage resources in alignment with project milestones and deliverables
- Develop and manage weekly reporting to Executive Director
- Provide progress reports as required to the board, staff and project partners
- Manage recruitment and consultations of project contractors on deliverables and activities
- Develop and implement communication strategy
- Develop and deliver evaluation and assessment of project deliverables
- Assist in the development and implementation of knowledge mobilization plans
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Multitasking and management of competing priorities and deadlines
- High level of judgement and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently, manage time effectively, and work with multiple deadlines
- Demonstrates initiative, work ethic and self-motivation
- Able to synthesize information for the purposes of communication on complex issues, ideas and needs to a variety of stakeholders in appropriate formats
- Trusting relationship building with diverse groups that reflects values and needs the organization as well as those of various stakeholders
- Certification in Program Management preferred (appropriate experience and education will be considered)
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to coordinate multiple priorities amidst important and competing deadlines
- Post-secondary education required
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is essential. Fluency in French would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Drupal required
- Experience developing and administering project budgets
- Experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in managing and communicating information preferred
- Knowledge of online accessibility standards
Brain Injury Canada is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes. If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation of any kind, please let us know so that we may assist you.
Deadline for Applications: September 11, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.