Project Manager - BounceBack/OSP - Canadian Mental Health Association, York and South Simcoe
Posting Date: February 4, 2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Message about our hiring and operating practices during the COVID-19 pandemic
The Canadian Mental Health York Region and South Simcoe branch (CMHA-YRSS) is continuing to provide much-needed mental health services. As an organization, we are protecting our staff through supporting either working from home, or physical distancing, and other public health directives for essential services staff working on-site. Rest assured that your well-being is our top priority and we have appropriate health and safety measures in place at each stage of the recruiting process and throughout our operations
We are hiring a Project Manager in our Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program!
For more information about the BounceBack program, see https://bouncebackontario.ca/
Due to CMHA-YRSS significant growth, this net new position has been created to help with its continued and future success. Are you a Project Management enthusiast who is excited about bringing your experience in managing complex project for a fast-growing, innovative and leading organization in Mental Health Care space? If you are a passionate self-starter, this is the role for you!
Closing Date: Until Filled
Permanent: Full-time, 35 Hours per Week, Evening Hours and Weekends may be required
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package: Full Extended Health & Dental, Life Insurance, EAP, STD, LTD, & Pension Plan. Generous paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days.
Competition #: 2021-008
Location: In accordance with current public health directives, training will be available both remotely (i.e., via teleconference and videoconferencing technologies) as well as onsite while respecting physical distancing. During the current COVID-19 outbreak, work can be completed primarily from home with equipment provided by CMHA.
Once public health directives are lifted, the Payroll and Benefits Administrator will be working primarily in our Vaughan office (8271 Keele Street Vaughan, ON) with flexibility to work from home after probationary period. The successful candidate may be required to occasionally travel within York Region & South Simcoe for training or meetings.
- Responsible for stakeholder engagement and issues management with multiple partner organizations/agencies in the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy program
- Working with the provincial program at CMHA-YRSS and regional hubs to continuously improve transfers of care. This will include but is not limited to:
- Regular review of statistics
- Tracking and monitoring issues identified by the CMHA-YRSS team and partner agencies
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to identify solutions to resolve issues
- Implementing process changes to standardize procedures and meet operational targets
- Managing timelines, resources and deliverables of projects related to process improvements
- Managing a portfolio of projects for the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy program
- Working closely with the Director of Services and Clinical Director to prioritize projects
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree or relevant college program in Health Administration, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in project management; some background in hospital setting, community health and/or not for profit organization is an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation considered an asset
- Strong leadership skills, good political acuity and able to build collaborative relationships
- Excellent judgement in resolving, communicating and escalating impacts/issues/risks
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail required
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills; able to collect data, present, and communicate clearly on patterns and gaps
- Has the mental agility and flexibility to be adaptable to changing situations
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications required
- Working experience with project management software tools and methodologies (such as Smart sheet, Asana, etc), and best practices
- Team player and able to work cross functionally with other team members, departments and partnering organizations/agencies as well as being able to work autonomously when required
- Able to maintain a confidential work environment
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to the job. This information is not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job.
This position reports to, and is supervised, by the Director of Services (BounceBack Ontario, within the Ontario Psychotherapy Program).
Working Conditions: Ability to work at computer for extended periods of time.
Disclaimer: In keeping with mental health reform, best practices, funding and direction this position may later require knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions not noted here.
Why work for CMHA York Region?
We are a team committed to our vision of mental health support for all. That means we respect that our clients are the experts in their recovery journey and that our role is to provide support, resources and opportunities based on their hopes and dreams. It means that we foster and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit to create, implement, and sustain innovative, evidence based and transformational impact. We seek out and build partnerships, collaborate and share knowledge to be the most culturally competent team and fully integrated service delivery partner.
Our team cares for each other. We have our own team values of trust, respect, teamwork and communication. We have been a National Non-profit Employer of Choice for five consecutive years as well as a recipient of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
If you are interested in this opportunity, follow the link below and click on the “Apply Now” button in the top right corner of the page to proceed to upload your cover letter and resume:
Complete the application form and submit the following:
- Cover letter with 300 words or less and tell us why you would want the Project Manager role and why you should be considered for the position (PDF or Word)
- Resume (PDF or Word)
CMHA-YRSS supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We welcome all applicants including persons with lived experience, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTTQ+, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, email AODA@cmha-yr.on.ca