Project Analyst - Small Business BC
JOB Posting – Project Analyst
Reports to: Senior Marketing & Communication Manager
Status: Full-Time, 1- year Maternity Leave Contract
ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS BC
Small Business BC (SBBC) is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. Supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation, we celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC. We are seeking a driven and talented Project Analyst to join our growing team. You will be integral in serving SBBC’s operational and strategic goals by driving operational efficiency, mapping systems and processes to identify optimization opportunities, creating detailed plans, providing support, training, and executing a diversity of projects.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, the Project Analyst is a blend of business analysis and project management skills. You will be responsible for project planning and implementation, analyzing existing business systems and processes, stakeholder reporting, producing documentation, data analysis and identifying enhancement opportunities. You will also implement operational improvements in collaboration with cross-functional teams across the organization.
PROJECT DUTIES AND TASKS
- Analyzes and reviews existing systems to identify changes, opportunities for improvement and/or enhancements to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Plans and implements resulting projects with relevant team members
- Develops and implements training plans, user guides and other relevant documentation for core operations, business improvements and/or changes
- Delivers training and onboarding, both individually and in a group as needed
- Provides information around best practices and makes recommendations to management regarding implementation and change management
- Acts as a power user for applications and tools, assists with end user setup, coordinates support and troubleshooting
- Researches new products and equipment currently on the market for ease of use, cost factors and compatibility with existing hardware and software
- Provides advice and recommendations for new systems, products and services available
- Creates requirements and workflow documentation including business and functional decisions, current and future state processes, and business process re-engineering documentation
- Analyzes and consolidates data from multiple sources into meaningful and reportable metrics
- Assesses end user training requirements and delivers training on new and existing systems.
- Coordinate pilot testing activities for new systems and software
- Oversee effective adoption of new systems across organization
- Works cross-functionally to advance business objectives, apply analytics in support of various projects and ensures efficient and effective problem solving and issue resolution.
- Develops project plans, including scope, budget, schedule, deliverables, and deadlines
- Monitors project progress to ensure cost effectiveness and risk mitigation, implementing specific strategies as needed
- Ensures key results are achieved in accordance with the project plan by analyzing current business systems and processes, formulating recommendations/options, and supporting members of the project in reaching decisions that are within project scope and timelines
- Ensures that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan
- Liaises with stakeholders to provide regular project updates, prioritize business and technical requirements to deliver work as outlined in project plan
- Prepares reports, dashboard and consolidate data for meaningful metrics to drive internal efficiencies.
- Liaises with vendors and SBBC contractors to maintain and implement changes/updates to existing client facing and operational systems.
- Troubleshoots web issues with web developer to maintain SBBC Website, CRM, Asana, Zendesk, Google Workspace, Infusionsoft.
- Conduct systems audits to ensure efficiency, accuracy and review the performance of the operational systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business administration, business management, data science, computer science, or an equivalent blend of education and experience
- A minimum 3 years’ related work experience in business analysis, systems coordination/administration, and project management
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office applications, G Suite, CRM databases, Woo Commerce, email marketing platforms, website design platforms, payment processing software, and related plug-ins.
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Experience working with multi stakeholder initiatives and demonstrated experience working in diverse, dynamic teams.
- Experience liaising and negotiating with contractors and consultants
- Experience with public speaking and delivering training to internal and/or external stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving, risk management, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent writing skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise, and comprehensive written reports
- Logical and efficient with keen attention to detail
- Experience with web configuration and custom development, including back-end experience and integrations a strong asset
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Renumeration: BCGEU Level: Range 18, Step 1 $2,200.10 bi-weekly (non-negotiable).
(Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union)
- Strengthening Health & Wellbeing: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months, including 100% Employer paid Extended Health Benefits, Vision Care, Dental coverage, and Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Investing in YOUR future: We have a generous group RRSP Matching Plus plan.
- Relax & Recharge: Paid time off and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks.
- Shape the Community: Be a part of a young, talented, driven, and fun team working hard to make a difference within the small business community.
- More Flexibility: Our Hybrid work model lets you split your time between home and the office.
Please note that this is a one-year maternity leave contract. To apply for this position, please visit: https://smallbusinessbc.humi.ca/job-board/marketing and communications/7000. No phone inquiries please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email email@example.com to discuss your accessibility needs.