Project Administrative Officer - CARE Canada
CARE Canada is looking for a Project Administrative Officer for a 12 month contract
ABOUT THE ROLE / WHAT THE ROLE OFFERS
The CARE Canada global health department is a dynamic and inspired group of gender equality and health champions currently seeking a Project Administrative Officer to support the Southern African Nutrition Initiative (SANI) implemented by CARE Canada in Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia. The Project Administrative Officer will be a key part of the SANI project’s close-out phase and will work with the Program Manager for SANI to support the grant management and administration of the project, which includes communicating to partner organizations and Country Offices to ensure they are meeting their contractual requirements. Additionally, you will support the Global Programs unit with other projects as required. As a highly organized and detailed oriented individual, you will successfully ensure that project requirements are met and the project information system is maintained. Your strong communication skills, including inter-cultural communication, allows you to collaborate well with project partners and Country Offices to solve problems. Enthusiasm for excellence in Global Health programming with a passion for gender equality and health make you an ideal candidate. Colleagues encourage one another to innovate, use participatory approaches, learn iteratively and strive for program excellence. The Program Administrative Officer will be able to draw support from CARE’s basic programming and coaching resources online and from colleagues around the CARE world.
WHAT YOU OFFER / ABOUT YOU
- Minimum of a college degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience preferably in an office environment Computer literacy (MS Office Suite) especially excel and word
- Advanced organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong writing skills for reports and correspondence
- Languages : Fluent English written, spoken
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly cross-culturally
- Problem solving skills with the ability to accurately assess situation and come up with positive solutions
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an infectious enthusiasm and passion for delivering results
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage competing demands
- Be adaptable and open and willing to assist across the organization during periods of high work volume
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Create an environment within CARE's workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU EXTRAORDINARY
- Previous experience working in an international NGO including work in development contexts
- Languages : Portuguese, French an asset
WHAT WE OFFER / ABOUT CARE
- Generous leave entitlements
- Flexible work hours and current work from home arrangement
- A family friendly environment
- Amazing colleagues who are very committed to CARE’s mission
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you and we would like to hear from you. Please apply directly here https://bit.ly/31dmofV before November 1, 2020. Please note resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the advertisement will be removed once candidate has been identified. Don’t wait to apply!
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
As part of CARE Canada's commitment to preventing sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, we conduct reference checks on all final stage candidates in line with the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. By applying to this role with CARE Canada, you are giving us consent to contact your previous employers to seek information in line with this scheme.