Program Manager - Science Fair Foundation BC
Position: Program Manager
Position Type: Part-Time
Reports to: Executive Director
The Science Fair Foundation of BC (SFF BC) is a not-for-profit registered charity committed to supporting science and technology education by inspiring curiosity in these fields. We are the largest volunteer science outreach network in the province hosting Science Fairs and youth S.T.E.M. events across BC & the Yukon annually.
The Program Manager will work with the SFF BC staff, volunteers and contractors to support, organize, execute and promote S.T.E.M. programs for youth across BC and the Yukon. Our ideal candidate will possess excellent communication, organizational and relationship development skills with a passion for science and innovation. As part of a small team, this role will include a variety of tasks including program administration, event planning, community outreach, volunteer and stakeholder engagement as well as assisting the Executive Director with governance, reporting, fundraising, strategic planning and program development. The role requires someone who excels at administration and communication, who takes ownership of and has pride in their work. Candidates should have the ability to work remotely.
- Provide leadership in the articulation and implementation of SFF BC’s vision, mission, goals and objectives.
- Ensure continuous year-round planning for existing and new programs.
- Assist Executive Director with Strategic Planning and budget development.
- Maintain CRM, task management and other software to ensure efficiency and organisation.
- Planning, execution, evaluation and reporting of programs.
- Develop and execute marketing and sponsorship strategies for existing programs.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders including volunteers, sponsors, outreach organizations, government and academia.
- Develop, streamline, and maintain efficient and effective business procedures.
- Identify and develop program resources in consultation with youth, educators and volunteers.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent project/event management skills
- Enthusiasm for SFF BC’s Mission to engage youth in S.T.E.M.
- Familiarity with Canadian youth S.T.E.M. initiatives, particularly in BC & the Yukon
- Post-secondary degree in related discipline OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Friendly, professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize a broad portfolio
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent ability to organize, manage multiple tasks and prioritize
- Ability to travel periodically
- Open to occasional work on weekends to facilitate programs and events
- Valid BC Driver’s licence
- Candidate should be able to legally work in Canada.
Experience in the following will be considered an asset:
- past Involvement in Science Fairs
- strategic/project planning experience
- working with youth
- working with volunteers
- event planning or management
- website maintenance and social media
- working with Adobe design suite and/or CRM software
Please e-mail your resume to Madeleine Guenette, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in the Science Fair Foundation of BC! We are committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. If you have a disability that requires accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact us and we will follow-up within two business days.