Program Manager - JABC
This is a full-time, work from home office position. Successful candidate will report to the Program Director and must be physically located in B.C. Please apply to our email with resume and cover letter with subject line including position and your name.
Deadline to apply is 4pm on October 4, 2021 or until filled.
JABC is seeking a qualified professional to oversee the coordination and delivery of JA’s flagship entrepreneurship program for high school students – JA Company Program. As part of JABC’s strategic plan Bright Futures for All B.C.’s Youth, JABC is expanding its reach to ensure that all B.C. youth have access to JA programming.
Working directly and virtually with a variety of stakeholders, the Program Manager coordinates JA Company Program and ensures the training and stewardship of volunteers. Success in this role will be based on:
- Number of JA Company Program deliveries achieved
- Number of volunteers trained and engaged
- Student and volunteer satisfaction and retention
- Coordinate and host weekly meetings between large groups of students and mentors
- Establish and maintain regular and efficient communications with students, mentors, and teachers
- Coordinate delivery of program to ensure quarterly and annual program delivery goals are met
- Train and coordinate volunteers to programs for delivery, and provide ongoing support
- Coordinate and distribute printed and digital program materials and resources for program deliveries, including maintaining required inventories
- Steward volunteers and educators, including regular and post-program follow up
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date constituent and program data records
- Promote JA awards and scholarships and support students in their applications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Post-secondary education and/or experience in business, education project management or a related field
- Experience in program delivery, project or event management is preferred
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Entrepreneurial minded, self-motivated, team-orientated, and highly organized
- Enjoys working directly and virtually with a variety of stakeholders including high school students, volunteer mentors, teachers, and community partners
- Skilled at coordinating engaging educational experiences
- Proficient in virtual meeting coordination using tools and platforms such as Mural, Slack, Zoom and Teams
- Understands business and has interest in providing high school youth with impactful entrepreneurship experiences
- Detailed and accustomed to project and deadline management
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility for own performance by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
- Aptitude to demonstrate concern for satisfying external and/or internal stakeholders
- Possess strong organizational, planning, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse people across an organization
- Service-minded attitude with an interest and willingness to help others
- Passion for youth education and development
Interested candidates for Program Manager are invited to submit a concise resume with a cover letter that highlights alignment to the position qualifications by 4pm on October 4, 2021, or until filled to HR@jabc.org. Subject line: Program Manager
Important Note: As this is a work from home office position, the successful candidate must be physically located in B.C. and available during peak program delivery periods, including outside of traditional office hours. (For example. Monday & Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm and Tuesday-Thursday: 11:30am to 7:30pm).
JA British Columbia is an equal opportunity employer. JABC will not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other grounds prohibited by the B.C. Human Rights Code.
We thank all candidates for their interest in advance. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
An offer of employment with JA British Columbia is conditional upon the successful completion of a reference check along with a successful criminal record and vulnerable sector check (subject to applicable laws and regulations).