Program Manager - Housing - The Phoenix Society
Do you like making genuine connection with people? Building rapport and building positive relationships in the life of others? Come work for one of BC’s top not-for-profit societies.
The Phoenix Society is a not-for-profit society dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to addiction, mental health, housing, education, criminal justice involvement and/or employment.
Reporting to the Director of Programs - Fraser South, the Program Manager - Housing is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Phoenix’s supportive housing programs in Surrey which supervises and supports a number of positions including the Program Coordinator, Program Assistants, Outreach Workers, Housing Case Managers and an Addictions Counsellor. The Program Manager ensures effective program/service delivery consistent with Phoenix’s mandate.
- Experienced in working with marginalized people affected by problematic substance use, homelessness, emotional and mental health issues, unemployment, lack of education and involvement with the criminal justice system.
- Experienced in providing a person-centred, community-minded, supportive environment.
- Minimum 5 years in progressive leadership roles.
- Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and central data systems such as FYI and Payworks.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor's degree is required. Preference given to those with a degree in a relevant discipline, e.g. social services, business management etcetera.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible and effective leadership and management of and supported housing facilities
- Equivalent experience and education accepted.
- Sensitivity in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
For additional information regarding the Phoenix Society and the position, please visit our Careers site.