Program Manager - Christian Horizons
Are you an enthusiastic person who wants to make a meaningful impact in your community? At Christian Horizons we Value People, Foster Belonging, Respect Gifts and Serve Others. Learn more about Christian Horizons: https://www.christian-horizons.org/who-we-are/values
TEMPORARY (Approx. 6 months)
FULL-TIME PROGRAM MANAGER
(40 hours/week: includes weekends on-call rotation)
PRIMARILY SUPPORTING THE REGION OF OTTAWA (With possible on call support to Kingston)
Christian Horizons is currently seeking to hire a temporary full-time Program Manager in the Ottawa region. As a member of the East District leadership team, and under the direction and supervision of the Area Manager, the Program Manager will provide first level management support for one or more of our community/residential support locations where the focus is promoting independence, community involvement, and acceptance and promotion of person-centered approaches.
In this role the Program Manager must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to think outside the box in problem solving situations with the goal of person-centered outcomes. The Program Manager provides leadership, coaching, planning supports to the employee team, and to program operations within the context of Christian Horizons’ policies and procedures. Ability to analyze the changing needs of individualized supports is necessary. This role, through the leadership of others, is also responsible for ensuring excellent quality supports by upholding the vision, mission, and values of Christian Horizons.
The Program Manager will ensure that administrative and district level tasks are completed on time and within budget. It requires strong business communication skills and effective coordinating with internal and external stakeholders such as advocating and liaising with families and community service partners. You will develop and promote supports to meet the needs of people supported.
The Program Manager is expected to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet the needs of the programs they manage and requires the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment. The Program Manager will often be required to travel through-out the East District to attend events and provide occasional on-call support to various program locations within both Ottawa and Kingston regions.
- Three (3+) years of working experience in the Developmental Services field, preferably in a leadership capacity.
- DSW Diploma preferred, or a Diploma or Degree in a relevant field
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience in the area of financial management
- Must demonstrate a commitment to Person-Centered values and be knowledgeable and experienced in the application of principles, theories and practices related to behaviour therapy, mental health, and crisis response.
- A valid Ontario “G” class Driver’s License & access to reliable transportation
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems and Operational databases
- Supervisory/ Management Courses
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package for Full-Time and Part-Time positions
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
- Flexible Schedules and Various Locations
- Employee Discounts
Application Deadline: Thursday September 12, 2019
Apply Online at : https://webapps.christian-horizons.org:9985/resume/eastapplicationform
Please attach a resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience to the:
Recruitment & Employee Relations Specialist
c/o Christian Horizons, East District Office
1950 Merivale Rd, Unit 3, Nepean, ON K2G 5T5
All persons may apply regardless of religion or any Human Rights Code protected grounds. We seek to provide accessibility through all stages of the hiring process for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our Accessibility Policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted