Program Lead - Trans Health Clinic (Bilingual) - Centretown Community Health Centre
Are you interested in joining our growing interdisciplinary Trans Health team?
Centretown Community Health Centre (CCHC) has a role for you, as we are actively looking for a Program Lead for our Trans Health Clinic.
Centretown Community Health Centre is committed to decreasing barriers to health and social services for marginalized communities and holds health equity and inclusion as core values. CCHC plays a leadership role in LGBT2SQ+ and trans health services in the Ottawa area, and has a history of providing advocacy, capacity raising and service delivery to LGBT2SQ+ populations from a “by the community for the community perspective”. The Trans Health Program evolved over several years out of increased service requests from trans and gender diverse individuals age 17+ seeking social and medical transition services and is based on the principals of informed consent.
The Program Lead is responsible for overseeing and supporting the smooth functioning of the Trans Health Clinic which serves Trans, Two-Spirit, Intersex and Gender Diverse individuals ages17 and up. The Program Lead role ranges from administrative duties, to program evaluation, design and development duties. The Program Lead, working in collaboration with the Trans Health team, community stakeholders and community partners works to ensure a high standard of care for individuals seeking care through the Trans Health Clinic and supports, where appropriate, systems capacity development.
The Program Lead reports directly to the Director of Primary Care and will work closely with the Community Support Worker - Trans Health and the Trans Health clinic primary care providers.
- University degree in health or social sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a program coordinator / lead role and includes program development through to evaluation.
- Experience with leading projects in complex systems and experience with identification of health and/or social system improvements
- Experience with data collection and reporting
- Lived experience as Trans, Two-Spirit, Intersex and/or Gender Diverse
- Demonstrated understanding of the systemic barriers Trans, Two-Spirit, Intersex and Gender Diverse individuals face in accessing health and social services; as well as strategies to overcome these barriers
- Demonstrated skills in developing and managing partnerships, dealing with conflicting agendas and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function as a member of a team, share roles and work cooperatively with other team members
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of anti-racism/anti-oppressive perspectives and intersectionality
- Knowledge of:
- best practices related to health care for Trans, Two-Spirit, Intersex and Gender Diverse individuals
- Sherbourne Guidelines and Protocols for Hormone Therapy and Primary Health Care for Trans Clients 2015)
- Informed Consent models and principles
- WPATH Standards of Care, Version 7, 2012)
Language designation (bilingual)
English, written and spoken
Start date: ASAP
Hourly rate: $31.114/hour to $$41.101/hour
Pension and Benefits: Excellent benefits package including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before September 27, 2019 by 11:59pm to email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Trans Health Clinic - Program Lead”
- The file name for your resume should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Resume”
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter”
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such all applicants are welcome.