Program Director - Oakville Choir for Children & Youth
The Oakville Choir for Children & Youth (“Oakville Choir”) is seeking a Program Director with an exemplary track record, a passion to impact lives, and the leadership to guide the administration and operations of an innovative award-winning organization.
This is a one-year, full-time contract opportunity with the possibility of renewal in subsequent years.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the responsibilities of the Program Director include but are not limited to the following:
- Reviewing and managing the current day-to-day operations of the Oakville Choir
- Making recommendations to improve existing processes and to support the digital transformation of the choir
- Coordinating the transformation of key administrative and service delivery systems
- Working with the Artistic Director and Marketing and Communications Coordinator on education and outreach communications to strengthen chorister recruitment
- Researching and preparing grant applications in collaboration with the Artistic Director and the Board of Directors including managing the process and ensuring interim and final reports are submitted on time
- Planning and operation of an annual budget
- Overseeing and directing fundraising initiatives
- Supporting the choir through a period of transition (virtual to in-person) and overseeing risk management and safety procedures when the choir can return to hybrid or full in-person programming.
- Providing support for the implementation of a dynamic, analytics-based marketing strategy
The role will act as the central liaison of all stakeholders of the Oakville Choir, and will collaborate with the Board of Directors, the Artistic Director, artistic and other administrative staff, outside contractors, other organizations, donors, and choristers.
The Program Director role is progressive and offers the successful candidate the opportunity to grow over time into expanded responsibilities and gain knowledge of all facets of the management and transformation of a non-profit organization.
Annual Salary: $40,000 to $60,000 commensurate with experience
Expected start date: May 3, 2021
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing, arts administration, or a related field
- Experience in either the not-for-profit or private sector
- Results driven and action oriented
- Pragmatic, analytical and effective at problem solving, with strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Flexible and embracing of change and highly adaptable
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends throughout the year, as required
- Experience in performing arts and interest in choral music is an asset
What we offer
The Oakville Choir is an inclusive and welcoming organization that offers music education and leadership training to young people from 4-24. We provide a fun, safe, and educational space for children and youth to receive exceptional music education and develop outstanding leadership skills that foster community, connection, and confidence – both in and outside of the classroom. www.oakvillechoir.org
The Oakville Choir is currently an entirely virtual organization, and the position is based on a work from home environment. Candidates residing in the Greater Toronto Area are preferred, given the requirement for the Program Director to help coordinate rehearsals and concerts in Oakville, Ontario, when permitted by public health authorities.
In addition, we offer lieu days to compensate for periods that require additional hours (always discussed in advance), a four-week vacation, plus an annual holiday office closure in December.
Oakville Choir is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and disability.
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank everyone who takes the time and makes the effort to apply. Personal responses to inquiries may not be possible, and only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone inquiries please.