Program Development Manager - The Downtown Eastside Women's Centre
The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre exists to support and empower women and children living in extreme poverty in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver. High levels of violence, homelessness, addictions and poverty characterize this community where women and children are particularly vulnerable to exploitation, injustice and injury. Through the Drop-In Centre and Emergency Night Shelter, we provide practical support to over 500 women and children daily to survive the conditions of ill health and violence that surround them.
The Program Development Manager is responsible for the overall development and planning of programming within the Downtown Eastside Women's Centre. She will oversee the Skills Development Program, Cultural Programming, Power of Women Program, and the dtes Women’s Street Market. She will work in collaboration with the DEWC Management Team to ensure integrated services operating in compliance with the mission and mandate of the Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre. She will work from a feminist perspective and within an anti-oppression framework.
- You have at least 3 years experience in a management position supervising staff, preferable within a unionized environment.
- You have a demonstrated ability to lead and coach team members
- You will promote and articulate the mission, mandate, philosophy, and values of the Downtown Eastside Women's Centre
- You are knowledgeable of the issues impacting women in the dtes, including gender based violence, mental health, homelessness, and addictions with an understanding of trauma-informed care responses.
- You have efficient organizational skills including record keeping, scheduling, and problem-solving abilities
Benefits of Joining the DEWC Team
Healthcare: extended health includes dental, vision, prescription medications, select alternative therapies, EAP life insurance and long-term disability.
Vacation & Leave: Vacation at 6% in the first year and 8% after. Sick leave credit Access to other special leaves to handle family or personal situations.
For your Retirement: Enrolled in the Municipal Pension Plan with a matching contribution from DEWC.
Other perks: Compressed work schedule, employee loan program; Regular staff development days; DEWC employees are considered first for any open positions
- Start Date: ASAP / Application Closing Date: February, 27, 2021 at 5:00pm
- Perm. full time, 9 day fortnight, Flex Sunday, Monday-Thursday Schedule, 70 hrs/bi-weekly
- Location – DEWC Drop-In Centre, 302 Columbia St. Vancouver
Submit cover letter and resume to: Program Development Manager Hiring Committee
via fax (604) 681-8470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Rolling Applications)
For full job description visit: www.dewc.ca/career
Indigenous women and women of colour are strongly encouraged to apply / Additional languages spoken an asset.
**While we thank all applicants for their interests, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted**