Program Coordinator, Nightstop Plus National Program - 360°kids
The 360°kids Nightstop Plus program is a community solution to help put an end to youth homelessness. The program trains volunteer host families, so they are ready and able to take homeless youth into their homes on both a short term and long-term basis.
The Coordinator of Nightstop Plus National will be responsible for both the Nightstop Plus network and our accredited services. The Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring all Nightstop Plus services meet the quality standards, are striving for continuous development, and for growing the Nightstop Plus network nationally.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Develop, implement and deliver the strategy to increase Nightstop Plus coverage across Canada beginning with Ontario.
- Develop the Nightstop Plus National Quality Standards Framework.
- Utilize research and best practices to inform the Nightstop Plus model and adapt it to the Canadian context.
- Develop a Nightstop Plus Toolkit to support network partners, which includes developing and documenting processes and tools for vetting organizations to run Nightstop Plus.
- Support 360°kids’ efforts to increase sustainability of the Nightstop Plus network through funding and business development.
- Develop and implement adaptations for priority populations in collaboration with DePaul UK.
- Facilitate community collaboration with key partners towards the goal of building capacity for the program throughout the region, Province and nationally.
- Develop and train community organizations to deliver Nightstop Plus.
- Provide regular support and service management guidance and advice to approved organizations, through regular visits or virtual meetings, ensuring accredited services are meeting the Nightstop Plus Quality Standard.
- Lead the quality assessment process of every Nightstop Plus service and ensure any actions identified to ensure quality improvement are met.
- Deliver training and events for the Nightstop Plus network on relevant issues and topics.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the Nightstop Plus program locally to provide context for training and to be informed of trends that may impact the program model.
- Ensure a safe and high quality service model is maintained.
- Responsible for achieving established national program growth targets
- Increase awareness of the brand in the public and policy arenas.
- Support efforts to create core infrastructure to obtain long term sustainability.
- Produce high quality promotional materials and information.
- Write and distribute ongoing Nightstop correspondences (e.g. newsletter) to the Nightstop Plus network.
- Write and collate high quality case studies, news items and presentations on the network.
- Liaise with external agencies to enhance delivery nationwide.
- Responsible for program start-up and implementation.
- Participate in the annual program accreditation process.
- Represent 360°kids to the social service network, regulators, and to the general public.
- Promote the public relations activities of the program and maintain high level of awareness of the public relations activities of 360°kids.
- Work with Director of Strategic Partnerships and Program Development and the Program Manager to ensure program success while positively contributing to 360°kids as an organization.
- Ensure National Nightstop Plus programs are delivering to a high standard and are leaders of best practice.
- Complete all mandatory recording and reporting including daily documentation and statistical data collection.
- Provide reports and related information to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Program Development as required and in a timely manner.
- Analyze program evaluation results, ensures funder outcomes are met/exceeded and ensures program integrity.
- Answer calls from colleagues, partner agencies and the general public and provide guidance regarding the 360°kids Nightstop Plus National initiative.
- Provide ongoing communication to DePaul UK.
- Attend and present at training workshops and relevant conferences that pertain to the Nightstop Plus Program.
- Participate in regular supervision meetings and performance appraisal meetings on a semi-annual basis.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- CYW Degree/diploma or a related Human Services discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience as a Program Coordinator.
- Experience working with street-involved youth and with high level of awareness of issues related to youth homelessness, including physical/sexual/emotional abuse, mental health and addiction issues.
- Strong personal ethics, integrity, reliable, time management and organization skills; excellent relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, complex environment and organize time and workload efficiently.
- Strong oral and written communication with all levels of staff, the public and clients while maintaining objectivity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, community agencies and the public while maintaining objectivity.
- Independent self-starter, with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience with MS Office, with the ability to prepare, and write reports and maintain same.
- French as a second language is an asset.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check), car and valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract. $2M liability insurance required.
This role will require regular travel to various locations to support clients’ needs, to perform in-home assessments of Host Family homes, as well as travel within the community and potential travel within Ontario and Canada.
360°kids is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. 360°kids offers accommodation for applicants in our recruitment processes, if you are contacted regarding a job opportunity please advise if you require accommodation.