Program Coordinator, Job Coach (SEAM) - Massey Centre for Women
Massey Centre (“the Centre”) is an award-winning, accredited Children’s Mental Health Centre that is a multi-service, non-profit, unionized, community agency located in the east end of Toronto. The Centre is committed to nurturing empowerment, independence and growth for young pregnant and parenting women, children and families in a non-judgmental, inclusive environment by providing a residential care and treatment program; supportive transitional housing; on-site high school program, community housing support and referral services; and maternal infant mental health programs and services. We do this by working collaboratively as a multi-disciplinary team with community partners to provide holistic programs and support that respond to mental health, education and transitional needs. The Centre also operates an EarlyON Child and Family Centre and an Early Learning Centre. All the programs and services are open to families, young women and their children living in the broader community.
The Centre has an exciting new full time opening for Program Coordinator, Job Coach, Success in Employment for Adolescent Mothers (SEAM). Reporting to the Manager, Community Programs, the Program Coordinator, Job Coach will assist, coach and provide information for pregnant and parenting young women 15-30 years enrolled in the SEAM program. They will collect, organize and analyze information about clients in order to advice on employment, training and employment preparation. Within a collaborative model, they will provide group-based, career and employment coaching and case management services to clients who require assistance in their job search and career goals.
Term: Permanent Full-time (40 hours/week)
Program: Success in Employment for Adolescent Mothers (SEAM)
Reports to: Manager, Community Programs
- Post-secondary degree in education, human resources, career counselling, business, management or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in employment counselling, job coaching, coordinating and facilitating job preparation activities
- Demonstrated ability developing and facilitating employment and learning focused workshops
- Experience in career counselling and mentoring
- Knowledge and experience working with vulnerable youth, especially pregnant and parenting young women
- Working knowledge of organizations, support agencies and community programs that work with pregnant and parenting young women
- Knowledge of current local labour market trends
- Experience working with pregnant or parenting young women15-30 years old with chronic unemployment issues
- Knowledge of the issues that impact pregnant and parenting young women 15-30 years old; especially the barriers facing racialized pregnant and parenting young women in the context of the supports they require to sustaining employment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, leadership, supervisory and well- developed conflict resolution skills.
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and people skills and be able to engage with pregnant and parenting young women.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to speak a second language, especially French, will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1990 and Employment Standard Act, 2000 will be an asset.
Closing Date: July 31, 2020; 5:00 p.m.
The Centre offers a dynamic work environment and career advancement opportunities. The successful candidate must have a negative criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Massey Centre’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make your needs known in advance.
Massey Centre encourages applications from persons who represent the diverse populations we serve.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume by the closing date to:
1102 Broadview Avenue
Toronto, ON M4K 2S5
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please quote "Program Coordinator, Job Coach (SEAM) in the subject line)
We thank all applicants, however, only those we select for interview will be contacted.