Program Advisor, Licensing and Compliance - Amended - Ontario Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
We envision an Ontario where all children and youth have the best opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential. The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services is seeking individuals to work with residential program operators and foster care agencies to support better outcomes for children and youth.
Please note the posting has been amended to update the posting status and extend the job ad.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• conduct inspections and licensing of children's residential programs and foster care agencies under the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017 (CYFSA), in accordance with legislative standards
• identify licensing issues, address immediate health and safety concerns, and recommend corrective action where required
• establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders
• provide effective advisory and customer service to licensed and potential providers of licensed services
• provide community consultations
How do I qualify?
• You are able to travel within the service area to conduct site visits
• You have knowledge of the principles/practices of child and youth development
• You have knowledge of programming requirements in children's group residential and foster care settings
• You can inspect operations for eligibility and licensing requirements
• You can assess compliance and effectiveness of programs
• You are able to interpret and apply relevant legislation, including the Child, Youth and Family Services Act (CYFSA) and fire and health regulations
Communications, Interpersonal & Presentation Skills
• You have effective oral communication and presentation skills to present licensing inspection findings and to provide information to community groups
• You can write clear reports on licensing reviews
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and can conduct interviews with children, youth and adults
Analytical & Problem Solving Skills:
• You have analytical and problem solving skills to assess compliance and formulate recommendations
• You are proficient with computers including word processing and spreadsheet software, on-line systems and databases to prepare licensing information, correspondence and reports
Salary Range: $1,289.65 - $1,581.50 per week
• 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 375 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region, Criminal Record Check
• In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, August 4, 2020, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 151366 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.