Program Administrator (Supervisor) - Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
Bring your excellent leadership and analytical skills to our team as the Program Administrator of our Facility Inspection Program (FIP).
The FIP department coordinates inspections of dental offices that administer sedation and/or general anesthesia, and take dental CT scans. The team reviews and processes applications and annual renewals for permits and authorizations required to offer and administer dental sedation services, and prescribe, order and take dental CT scans.
The Program Administrator will ensure the efficient operation of the facility inspection program in the interest of patient safety and protection of the public. You will: collect, analyze and report on data to ensure continuous enhancements of the department; ensure successful completion of deliverables and manage tight timelines; and have the ability to multiple priorities within a team environment.
You will report to the Manager, Facility Inspection Program. This job may require you to work remotely.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Supervise the department’s administrators and administrative assistants, including recruitment, training and development, coaching, and performance management
- Work with the team to establish goals, objectives, targets and key performance indicators (KPIs); assist coordination of team workload and work distribution
- Ensure tracking systems for the team are maintained accurately and updated per established timelines
- Collect and analyze data; prepare regular statistical reports for the manager for a wide range of metrics and KPIs
- Develop and maintain administrative workflows and document procedures
- Collaborate with the manager on resolving identified program or team challenges
- As directed by the registrar and manager, post inspection-related deficiencies on the College’s Register and oversee this function of the department
- Provide project assistance to the manager as required, including executing tasks, updating project plans, and other documentation
- Collaborate with staff inter-departmentally
- Other duties as assigned
What skills and background do I need?
The Program Administrator, Facility Inspection Program requires:
- Completion of a two- to three-year community college program
- A minimum of five or more years’ experience in a related position
- Demonstrated success as a supervisor within a metrics-driven team or environment
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data, creating and maintaining statistical reports and dashboards on department KPI performance
- Previous experience creating and maintaining complex workflows
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office and case management systems an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or direction
- Ability to lead by example, inspire others and work closely in a team environment
- Demonstrated professionalism, reliability and dependability in the workplace
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interpret, explain and administer complex legislated requirements and by-laws
- Excellent analytical and critical-thinking abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment and escalate matters to the manager as required
- Experience working within KPI or metrics driven organizations such as a call centre
- Experience in a legal or regulatory environment is an asset
- This position has five direct reports
How do I apply?
Submit a cover letter, telling us why you are interested in this position and how your skills meet our needs. Your letter and a resume must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 13, 2020 at 5 pm.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our recruitment process will be conducted remotely.
Thank you for your interest; only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal College of Dental Surgeons is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available upon request under the Ontario Human Rights Code.