Program/ Administrative Coordinator - Providence Health Care
The BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) is a provincially networked organization with a mandate to develop, help implement, and evaluate evidence-based approaches to substance use and addiction. BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) seeks to improve the integration of best practices and care across the continuum of substance use through the collaborative development of evidence-based policies, guidelines, and standards. With the support of the Province of BC, BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) aims to transform substance use policies and care by translating research into education and care guidance, thereby serving all British Columbians.
We have recently posted a Temporary Project Administrative Coordinator role to help support the BCCSU’s Addiction Fellowship program. The program is a multidisciplinary fellowship that strives for excellence in clinical training, scholarship, research, and advocacy and includes specialty training in inpatient and outpatient addiction management, as well as related concurrent disorders training. It prepares Fellows to work as experts in the field of addiction medicine and take leadership roles in clinical, academic, and/or research settings. In this position you will have the opportunity to participate in a diverse range of projects focused on training and education. Aspects of your role will focus on coordinating meetings, working within a multi-disciplinary team, taking projects and making them yours and developing processes and procedures used to help increase efficiency. We are ideally looking for someone who has a 3+ years of experience working in an administration and/or coordination role, health care experience is an asset, knowledge of social determinants of health and a commitment to addressing the needs of people who are marginalized and face barriers in accessing care for substance-related problems, experience on diverse range of collaborative initiatives, including project management or event planning and experience working with regulatory colleges (CPSBC, BCCNP, etc.) an asset.
Reporting to the Director(s)/ Manager(s)/ Research Leader(s) or designate(s), the Administrative Assistant provides effective and efficient day-to-day administrative functions including scheduling and prioritizing appointments, arranging meetings, distributing agendas, taking meeting minutes, preparing correspondence, drafting presentations and organizing related travel needs. The Administrative Assistant assists with academic and research related duties such as journal submissions, maintaining curriculum vitae requirements (CV's) and teaching dossiers, professional memberships and designations and the submission of research grants for Investigators. This position prepares incurred expenses for reimbursement liaises with internal and external agencies while working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Coordinates the day-to-day administrative functions for the Director(s)/ Manager(s)/Research Leader(s) or designate(s) which includes organizing activities/initiatives/correspondence including scheduling and prioritizing appointments, arranging meetings, distributing agendas, taking meeting minutes, following up on action items, preparing correspondence and drafting presentations.
- Makes required travel arrangements and reservations including confirming dates, contacting travel agents, obtaining cost and billing information and submitting expense reports for reimbursement to the BCCSU Financial Manager. Verifies and forwards itineraries as required.
- Responds to verbal and written inquiries and forwards to appropriate designate. Identifies, prioritizes and takes follow-up action on items as required.
- Answers queries from trainees including summer, graduate or post-graduate students.
- Ensures academic materials are up to date which includes teaching dossier and curriculum vitae formats, academic institution templates, professional affiliations and annual memberships.
- Uploads and submits manuscripts, and supporting materials related to scientific publications to peer-reviewed journals platform.
- Assists with the submission of research grants for Investigators including collecting signatures and supporting documentation/ letters, ensuring all materials are uploaded onto the online platforms in a timely manner.
- Prepares expenses and related documentation by compiling receipts, credit card statements and completing cheque requests for reimbursement. Reviews and ensures appropriate account information is included on the documents.
- Liaises with internal and external agencies and works with confidential and sensitive information using discretion.
- Utilizes word processing, spreadsheet and graphics software to produce a variety of reports, correspondence and presentation materials for meetings/ seminars. Ensures materials, handouts, videos and other supplies for meetings/seminars are complete and available.
- Updates and maintains related filing systems for the designated leader/ project to ensure efficient and effective retrieval of information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to type at a minimum of 60 WPM.
- Ability to operate related office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and respond effectively to inquiries, both verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Ability to coordinate complex meetings with internal and external contacts.
- Intermediate word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing and database software skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external individuals and organizations.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, capability of decision making and problem solving within predetermined guidelines.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the sensitivity to issues around substance use.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a diploma or degree in a related field plus a minimum of three (3) years' recent experience working in an administrative or coordinator role in a health care, medical and/ or academic research setting.
- An undergraduate degree in a health related field is an asset.
- Previous experience in a health research environment is preferred.
Why Providence Health Care?
- Values-based organization guided by the principle, How you want to be treated.
- Opportunity to grow and expand your nursing career within a collaborative team
- Exposure to a diverse range of patients
- Competitive benefits and salary package including MSP, extended health, municipal pension, work-life balance, flexibility and staff discounts
- Take on new challenges as part of the PHC family
Should you meet the above qualifications and if you are interested in being part of a team that cares please click here or contact email@example.com . When applying please ensure to submit a resume and cover letter