Professional Development and Dispute Resolution File Manager (Bilingual preferred) - ADR Institute of Canada, Inc.
ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC) is a highly respected not-for-profit association providing high regulatory standards, accreditation, services and benefits to members (~ 2,500 dispute resolution professionals - mediators, arbitrators, etc.), our regional affiliates, corporate members and the public.
Our organizational growth compels us to seek a candidate with strong professional development and dispute resolution case management skills to assist in two key areas. With solid knowledge of arbitration, adjudication, and other forms of dispute resolution as well as a passion for learning the organization’s vision and direction inside-out, the incumbent will work closely with the Executive Director and the Education and Roster Committees to identify opportunities and grow ADRIC's Educational and Case Services Programs.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
1. Professional Development
As a self-regulatory body, ADRIC protects and serves the public and our members by overseeing professional practice standards, training and continuing professional development programs. The incumbent will be responsible for these operations including the development, review and enhancement of:
A. Courses, webinars, conferences and other forms of training and all related policies and processes for:
- Reviewing course/program/instructor evaluations, using the data to plan or modify programs
- Customizing programs and courses for specific industries
- Coordinating conversion of courses to online format
- Coordinating filming of mock hearing videos
- Planning , scheduling and coordinating webinars and training
- Preparing course/training/presentation descriptions and updating training/practice manuals
- Using financial/registration information to plan, modify or cancel events
- Liaising with and supporting appropriate committees
- Liaising with Affiliates / Service Providers ensuring national consistency
- Liaising with conference and webinar speakers and assist with conference business development and sponsorships
B. Designations/certifications management:
- Assisting in the development of new computer database member management system to track designated members at all stages of certification
- Managing the Course Accreditation and Continuing Education and Engagement (CEE) Program
- Conducting random audits of designations recommendations for application and assessment accuracy and completeness
- Providing information for new applicants and updating website and documents
- Ensuring all data is entered and updated in the database for each individual as required
- Enforcing against unauthorized use of designations by monitoring and notifying defaulting designation recipients, and how this may be remedied
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of new designations
- Preparation of reports for the ED
2. Case Administration
ADRIC provides businesses, organizations and individuals with efficient, fair, impartial, and economical options to prevent, manage and resolve disputes. ADRIC’s bilingual dispute resolution services assist clients from filing to closing as the appointing authority, fundholder and/or administrator to support parties and counsel. The incumbent will be responsible for these operations including:
- Managing cases and the appointment process, applying case flow management techniques to ensure efficiency in case progression
- Advising clients about the services available
- Promoting services and business development through presentations to organizations and the public
- Assisting with responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Developing and maintaining rosters/panels
- Developing, implementing and measuring the effectiveness of operations and procedures and providing statistical reports and recommendations to improve the programs
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Budgetary and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Maintain budgets, ensure invoicing and payment requirements are communicated to bookkeeper and implemented
- Work with bookkeeper to resolve any budget issues and discrepancies
- Respond to email and telephone enquiries
- Maintain electronic files for historical reference
- Maintenance and re distribution of revisions to forms/documents/marketing materials
- Develop written content for websites, social media, newsletters and eblasts and assist with website maintenance, PowerPoint presentations and other communication strategies
- Post-secondary diploma or certification in adult education or equivalent, relevant business administration, project coordination, and/or other combinations of education and experience
- Solid knowledge of arbitration, adjudication and other forms of dispute resolution
- Excellent, professional, client-service-oriented oral and written communications skills and email etiquette
- Strong and up-to-date technological capabilities (expert use of Microsoft Office suite, online apps, web-based collaborative tools, web-page management/editing)
- Meticulous attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy and committed to excellence
- Exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills; works with a sense of urgency
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and conflict resolution skills
Attributes and Assets:
- Bilingualism: Ability to understand as well as speak, read and write in a clear, concise and professional/business manner in French is a strong asset
- Business development, administrative and project management skills (research, analysis, coordination, presentation of information and implementation)
- Creative problem solving skills, capacity for innovation
- Initiative, adaptable, and able to work under pressure
- Ability to function independently yet collaboratively within a team
- Knowledge of online learning platforms (Learning Management Software); experience in developing online learning modules
- Self-motivated and responsible, doesn’t need supervision to stay on track or to adhere to policies
- Checks own work to ensure accuracy, is unafraid to ask for assistance/clarification when necessary
- A sense of calm and confidence no matter how pressured a situation
- Entrepreneurialism: ownership of role and responsibilities, commitment to task completion without clock-watching
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous quality improvement through ongoing evaluation of operational processes
$60,000 - $85,000 annually commensurate with knowledge, education, experience, skills, assets and location (office or remote), plus benefits after probationary period.
ADRIC offers a number of benefits including extended health/dental/vision/hearing care, critical illness, Best Doctors, AD&D, LTD, life insurance, a bonus programme, a pleasant office environment and flexible hours.
Reports to: Executive Director
Start date: Immediate
Office Location: Yonge & Eglinton, Toronto (staff are currently working from home due to the pandemic)
Potential for working remotely for the ideal candidate
How to apply
IMPORTANT - serious candidates must submit the following:
- A personalized cover letter in Word doc format outlining how your skills and interests match this position (please indicate all of the requirements and assets you can bring to the job). Form letters will not be considered.
- Your resume
- If you are bilingual, a brief paragraph (up to 100 words IN FRENCH) also indicating why you are interested in the position.
Send your application package with your name in the subject line to email@example.com soonest.
Appropriate candidates who have provided all the required information will be scheduled for interview soonest and the ideal candidate may be hired prior to the deadline.
No phone calls please and thank you.
NO AGENCIES - NO EXCEPTIONS.
We thank everyone who applies; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.