Primary Care Physician - WellFort Community Health Services
WellFort Community Health Services is a non-profit, values based organization based in Peel. We provide a wide variety of comprehensive care including primary care, dental, mental health and chronic disease management with a focus on illness prevention, health promotion and community development.
We work with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community.
Members of the WellFort Family include:
- Bloom Clinic
- Bramalea Community Health Centre
- Diabetes Education Program
- Four Corners Health Centre
- Health n’ Smiles
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive organization. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
WellFort is part of the new and recently announced Brampton/Etobicoke and Area Ontario Health Team (OHT). More information about this OHT is available here: http://news.ontario.ca/m/54962
- Provides primary care directly, emphasizing accessibility, health promotion, illness and injury prevention and continuity of care in various settings.
- Interviews (takes history), examines, makes medical assessments, taking into account the social and economic determinants of health.
- Diagnoses and treats acute conditions.
- Diagnoses and treats chronic conditions incorporating self-management techniques as appropriate
- Use motivational interviewing techniques and adult learning principles to facilitate learning and support patient’s self- management goals, virtually and face to face.
- Provides primary care indirectly by working interactively with nurse practitioners, providing consultation to nurses or other staff, and by developing medical or clinical protocols.
- Provides on-call coverage on a rotating shared basis with other Physicians to ensure that medical care can be accessed 24 hours per day throughout the entire year.
- Maintains hospital privileges, if possible, at a convenient hospital.
- Participates in case conferences with other providers to ensure coordination of client services.
- Ability to provide compassionate, respectful, non-judgmental and culturally competent care.
- This position will require a mix between virtual and on site primary care.
- Provider will provide virtual visits and care using digital platforms (i.e., Zoom).
- Degree in medicine from a recognized school or faculty of medicine;
- Current licence to practice medicine from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario;
- Member of The Canadian Medical Protective Association;
- Successful completion of a two-year post graduate residency program accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and an active member of the College;
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails both evenings and weekend work.
For more information on WellFort visit www.WellFort.ca.
Salary: $285,235 plus on call stipend (prorated to 0.5FTE)
(plus benefits and HOOPP pension plan)
Other benefits: CME days and allowance
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline: Open until filled
Please put “MD0421” in the subject line
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.