Primary Care Nurse Practitioner - Gateway Community Health Centre
Gateway Community Health Centre (Gateway), located in Tweed, Ontario, provides primary health care with a focus on health promotion and illness prevention through an inter-professional team in a collaborative practice model. Gateway supports populations at all ages and stages of life with an emphasis on those who are high risk and/or experiencing barriers to accessing services. A systems perspective, a focus on community health, and attention to continuous improvement are essential to the success of the position. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive work environment.
- Perform holistic health assessment and history, physical examination based on client needs and across the lifespan
- Use strong clinical reasoning skills, and evidence-informed practice to formulate differential diagnoses and communicate findings to clients.
- Collaborate with clients and other providers to establish priorities and ensure coordination of the care plan.
- Identify issues and trends related to client group health issues and use the information in planning and advocacy work.
- Maintain clear, accurate, and timely documentation including EMR, requisitions, reports, and encounters as required in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse Practitioner with PHCNP specialty certificate with current NPAO membership and evidence of liability insurance required
- 5 years’ experience working in Primary Care settings, community health setting preferred
- Completion of “Prescribing Narcotics and Controlled Substances” (NPAO courses preferred)
- Experience and/or openness to working with individuals who face barriers accessing traditional health care institutions
- Demonstrated experience as a nurse leader with excellent organizational, critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Respectful of the values and diversity of the communities and individuals we serve
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible while working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Gateway offers a competitive salary ($87k-122k per year) and benefits package, including HOOPP.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and the Centre’s hours of operation. As such, the position entails evenings, weekends, and on call work
Gateway is an inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and can provide assistance and accommodation on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this position, please provide a cover letter and resume by 4:00pm on Monday, August 17, 2020 via email to: Humanresources@gatewaychc.org. When submitting by email, include NP 0820 in the subject line.
We sincerely thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information: www.gatewaychc.org