President and Chief Executive Officer - Youthdale Treatment Centres
PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Youthdale Treatment Centres is seeking a President and CEO who will provide visionary leadership to a leading children’s and mental health agency located in Toronto, Ontario.
Youthdale provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and youth ages 6-24 years and their families. We work to connect families with the right programs and services both at Youthdale and in their communities. Youthdale meets the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated inter-disciplinary team including psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers, physiotherapists, nurses and child and youth workers.
Established in 1969, Youthdale is one of the founding members of the children's mental health movement in Ontario. Youthdale upholds the highest professional standards and leads the search for innovative ways to assess and treat children, youth and their families.
Recognized worldwide for its groundbreaking work with children and youth, Youthdale is often called upon by other provinces and countries to consult on all aspects of its operation, from clinic start-ups to medication advice on specific cases. Youthdale is proud of this recognition, and proud that its advances are helping children in and outside of Ontario.
The Board of Directors is seeking a new President and CEO who will provide visionary leadership to Youthdale. The new leader will have excellent relationship building skills with both our internal and external stakeholders and has demonstrated expertise to lead, mentor and inspire a passionate team. Our new leader will approach their role in a transparent, approachable and collaborative manner and will be committed to continuing to provide the best quality of care to our clients while recognizing the value of our staff’s contribution in meeting our mission - empowering young people with complex mental health needs to achieve a more hopeful future.
- Passion for the mission and guiding principles of Youthdale Treatment Centres.
- Masters-level degree in Health Administration, Health Discipline, Business or other related area and ten years of previous CEO and/or senior management experience in the Ontario public and/or not for profit sector.
- Knowledgeable about and preferably experienced with children and youth mental health and residential treatment services sectors.
- Understands the important roles of external relationships such as with funders: Ministries of Health and Children, Community and Social Services, Ontario Health and other external partners operating in the children and youth mental health sector.
- Understands good governance practices and is able to forge a supportive and effective working relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Has the management and leadership skills and experience essential for leading an organization’s strategic and operational plans, evaluating its effectiveness, overseeing its finances (budget in excess of $19 million) and human resources, and anticipating and managing identified risks.
- Has the ability to work effectively with inter-disciplinary groups to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Exceptional communicator, with very strong people skills, an effective team leader, has high emotional intelligence and relates empathetically to our client population.
At Youthdale, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. We welcome applications from leaders who are committed to and representative of a culturally diverse work setting. Youthdale is also committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your cover letter, together with your curriculum vitae, by August 21, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org Please insert: Youthdale Treatment Centres President and CEO Position.