PR Manager, Photographers Without Borders - Photographers Without Borders
The PR Manager is someone who’ll be working closely with our COO and CEO with the managing all media relations and developing partnerships. This is a new role for us as well, so we’re looking for someone experienced with whom we could sort of develop this role together. We’re looking for someone with experience writing and distributing press / media releases effectively as well as experience in PR strategy and working with PR tools to seek out opportunities.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Public Relations Manager will:
- Manage media relations and develop relationships with local, national and international outlets.
- Write and distribute Photographers Without Borders announcements to all media related to major campaigns, events and film releases.
- Pitch stories to media outlets (news, television, radio, print and online publications, podcasts etc.) and find opportunities to contribute PWB content to other publications.
- Coordination of interviews with our Founder & CEO, Danielle Da Silva or alternate PWB representative upon request of media.
- Use PR tracking tools to monitor and report on news related to the organization and its mission.
- Report directly to the Chief Operations Officer and provide monthly reports on key performance indicators.
- Must attend mandatory weekly meetings on Wednesdays at 6:00 PM in Toronto
- Highly organized, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience writing and distributing press / media releases effectively.
- Experience in PR strategy and working with PR tools to seek out opportunities.
- Ability to work well autonomously with little supervision, as well as collaborate with others in a team environment; adaptable when directed
- Strong interpersonal skills; positive, energetic profile.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written); professional, service orientation in email correspondence and on the telephone.
- Non-profit sector experience.
- Volunteer position. Approximately 10-15 hours per week.
- Must attend weekly team meetings each Wednesday at 6:00pm.
Interested applicants, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume.