Placement Specialist IT & Tech - Customer Success Training Program - The Career Foundation
The Placement Specialists will be responsible for partnering with employers in high growth industries to place participants into long term employment opportunities. The Placement Specialists will work directly with job seekers to determine their specific needs and factors that will influence employment retention. They will provide the full spectrum of job development support to connect job seekers to existing employment opportunities or develops opportunities from existing job descriptions based on job seeker and employer needs. Placement Specialists will work to meet weekly and monthly employment and retention targets.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Program Promotion & Participant Recruitment
- Present the program to community partners and applicants, ensuring they understand the program components, objectives, and time requirements
- Conduct accurate assessments of applicants based on program eligibility requirements and ensure all mandatory intake forms are completed
- Recruit applicants to ensure intake of eligible and suitable participants via numerous methods including community partners, job boards, social media, etc.
- Screen applications for eligibility and suitability factors; schedule interviews, conduct intake sessions, facilitate numerous information sessions
- Attend to incoming calls, provide program information to callers, online applicants, and walk-in visitors; track and direct office traffic, respond to messages and requests of partners, suppliers, and employers, responsible for incoming/outgoing mail, email and phone messages
- Provide information and referral services regarding other community programs as necessary
- Contact participant candidates to extend offers or communicate regrets and refer those not selected elsewhere
- Liaise with community partners regarding client referrals and client progress as needed
Workforce Development, Employer Outreach & Relationship Building
- Develop 2-3 new relationships with employers each week in the IT & Tech sectors
- Assess job seekers’ needs and circumstances and develop employment opportunities that support success for their life and career goals
- Understand employers’ work environment and develop flexible remote work opportunities for job seekers
- Provide industry-specific orientation to the workplace and employer expectations on-the-job
- Arrange employer guest speakers, educating job seekers on specific employers’ needs/expectations of related sectors
- Participate in workforce development, analyze employer workforce needs and support the development of employer partnerships
- Maintain, foster, nurture ongoing relationships with employers
- Serve as a resource for employers, advise them on human resources and other employment related issues
- Initiate and maintain accurate documentation of contacted employers, job leads and any other job development activities for information retrieval
- Maintains an Employer Database with accurate notes regarding client interviews, current recruitment status and job development activities.
- Inform employers of other relevant programs and services of The Career Foundation and promote all fee-for-service/fundraising initiatives
Job Matching and Placement
- Place a minimum of 3-4 job seekers a week into full-time employment through advertised and non-advertised job leads
- Negotiate and administer placement agreements and employer incentives (wage subsidy, on-the-job training) and monitor training plan ensuring expectations of placement are met
- Ensure quality of placements by appropriately matching candidates’ skills with job requirements
- Conduct required employer site visits and virtual meetings, ensuring workplace health and safety policies are in place
- Support employer and placed job seeker with any arising retention issues
- Provide employer with suitable candidates for the role, work with employer to carve out roles from existing job descriptions based on needs and skills requirements of job seeker and employer
- Make resources available in print and/or online on topics such as workplace health & safety and Employment Standards Act.
Job Retention Services / Job Development
- Assist with outreaching and securing placements for participants
- Coach participants during job placements to ensure they retain their positions
- Mediate on-the-job conflict between employers and participants as needed
- Advise employed participants on career laddering opportunities and plan next steps
- Assist participants with re-entry into the IT & Tech industry as needed
- Provide on-going job placement services as required
- Complete weekly check-ins with participants while in work experience
- Purchase and distribute participant supports
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- University or college degree/diploma required
- Experience with employment counselling, human resources, partner and/or employer relations
- Knowledge/experience in the IT & Tech industry or relevant field preferred
- Must be ‘results-driven’ in nature to achieve program targets
- Strong understanding of the unique needs of women seeking access into the IT sector
- Ability to work with diverse populations, including participants facing employment barriers
- Experience working with employers on workforce development
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database applications
- Resume and cover letter writing experience
- Workshop and/or adult teaching experience considered an asset
- Familiarity with employment programs and services an asset
- Customer service oriented – able to uphold the organization’s service standards and policies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for giving and receiving information, participating in meetings, and writing reports
- Punctual, self-motivated/self-directed; professional and possess great interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task / take initiative when needed
- Flexible to assist team members as needed to help ensure program goals are met
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment, with high standards of ethics and confidentiality
- Capable of working under pressure with frequent interruptions; able to prioritize while working on numerous program demands
- Must be able and willing to travel between locations in the Greater Toronto Area on a regular basis, and work remoted as needed - access to vehicle is needed
- Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends when needed.
How to Apply: Please visit our website at https://careerfoundation.com/join-our-team and select the position you would like to apply for from our list of vacancies. You can complete the application form directly through our website. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in The Career Foundation.
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information, please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program