Physiotherapist - Five Counties Children's Centre
What You Can Do For Kids Is Amazing!
Five Counties Children’s Centre is one of 21 Children’s Treatment Centres in Ontario. We have provided rehabilitation and developmental services and supports for children and youth in Peterborough, Northumberland, Haliburton counties and the City of Kawartha Lakes for more than 40 years.
In partnership with families and communities, we strive to enrich the independence and quality of life for children and adolescents with physical, developmental and communication needs. At the Centre we have a team approach with the family being a key member of this team. We are committed to the highest quality of service possible and in 2015, we received accreditation award from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) - the highest standard an organization can achieve.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced Physiotherapist to provide services both in-centre and in our school based rehabilitation program.
This is a permanent, part-time position located in Lindsay, situated in Ontario’s beautiful Kawartha Lakes region which is renowned for its outdoor attractions and superb quality of life. The successful candidate will work 17.5 hours/week on a permanent basis plus an additional 3.5 hours/week on a temporary basis until March 31, 2020.
Reporting to the Program Manager - City of Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton, you will be responsible for assessing, treating, providing consultation to and discharging children and adolescents referred for physiotherapy; providing consultation, training and education to clients, their caregivers and other professionals; and participating as a member of clinical multidisciplinary teams and resources committees to promote quality service for clients
- Assessment and reassessment of clients referred for physiotherapy
- Provide a service plan for client care in consultation with the client’s care giving team (including the client, family, other therapists and other agencies)
- Maintain knowledge of current practices/equipment in the field of physiotherapy
- Comply with relevant Centre statistical, clinical and administrative reporting requirements in a timely manner
- Comply with the Centre’s policies and procedures as amended from time to time
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy
- Registration with College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Demonstrated communication, organizational skills and problem-solving skills
- Committed to working within a family-centred approach
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with FCCC staff and other professionals in the community
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to read, write and converse in French is an asset
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume and cover letter quoting the file number in the subject line to email@example.com by the closing date.