Physician - Sandy Hill Community Health Centre
Internal/External Employment Opportunity
Position Title: Physician
Status: Permanent, 0.7 FTE Part-time (24.5 hours per week)
Salary Scale: $176,322 - $212,430 annualized salary plus on-call stipend, plus benefits, all pro-rated to Part-time status
Start Date: Immediately
The Oasis Physician is a member of the Oasis Team and works closely with team members to provide the highest quality of health care services to clients. The role of the Oasis Physician is to work with clients to help them achieve desired health goals.
Skills, Education and Experience:
Requirements for this position include:
Education and Language
- Medical degree and family medicine residency from a recognized university.
- CCFP Certification from the Canadian College of Family Practice.
- License to practice from the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Under the Centre’s designation to provide French Language Services, this position is designated bilingual essential:
- French (oral expression): Advanced +
- French (oral comprehension): Superior
- French (reading comprehension): Advanced +
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Three to five years’ experience in a community-based primary care setting
- Experience working with a range of populations, including: people with HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, street involved people , transgendered people, men who have sex with men, sex trade workers, people with mental illness, people with substance use disorder, and other marginalized groups
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment including medical and social services.
- Knowledge of the impact of the social determinants of health on HIV, hepatitis C and addictions and mental illness.
- Experience working within a harm reduction approach
- Experience in mental health and addictions.
- Knowledge of HIV and hepatitis C and buprenorphine/naloxone treatment an asset.
The Oasis Physician is directly accountable to the Director of Oasis and through him/her to the Executive Director.
As a member of the Oasis Team, the incumbent is responsible to the team and to other team members for the provision of health care services for clients.
The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the licensing and regulatory requirements of the College of Physician and Surgeons of Ontario as the professional governing body.
Conditions of Employment:
Hours of work will be developed in collaboration with the successful candidate to ensure a healthy work-life balance. A schedule of work will be based on the Centre’s hours of operation and program requirements and may include some evenings.
An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a criminal reference check, verification of educational requirement for this position and linguistic profile to the satisfaction of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre.
SHCHC will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process.
If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit sandyhillchc.workable.com and select the appropriate job opening.
Clients of the Centre are welcome to apply. Should a client become the successful candidate, they will no longer be able to continue receiving services at Sandy Hill Community Health Centre. Assistance will be made available to find an alternative provider.